+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process/Documents required after getting ITA?

sahilkhurana06

Jan 20, 2015
Hi Experts,

After the recent draw, I'm sure a lot of us are optimistic of getting an ITA very soon. I'm giving my IELTS next weekend and hopeful of getting an ITA by April end.

Can anyone of you give me suggestions on how should I proactively prepare my application once I get an ITA. Any document/references/letters needed from previous employers?

I know it's too early to prepare but since we have only 60 days to submit our application, I should better be equipped with whatever is required to complete the process.

Thanks in advance.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
sahilkhurana06 said:
Hi Experts,

After the recent draw, I'm sure a lot of us are optimistic of getting an ITA very soon. I'm giving my IELTS next weekend and hopeful of getting an ITA by April end.

Can anyone of you give me suggestions on how should I proactively prepare my application once I get an ITA. Any document/references/letters needed from previous employers?

I know it's too early to prepare but since we have only 60 days to submit our application, I should better be equipped with whatever is required to complete the process.

Thanks in advance.
Primary App

Marriage License/Certificate (required)
Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)
Employment Records (required)
Employment Records 2 (required)
Offer of Employment (required)
Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
Education Diplomas/Degrees (required)
Proof of Medical Exam (required)
Digital Photo (required)
Letter of Employment (required)
Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)

Spouse docs

Digital Photo (required)
Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)\

For kid

Birth Registration/Certificate (required)
Digital Photo (required)

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Intocanada said:
Primary App

Digital Photo (required)

Spouse docs

Digital Photo (required)

For kid

Digital Photo (required)
What is the difference between three employment docs:
1) employment records
2) offer of employment and
3) Letter of employment

Also, which one is the one where we require a letter from employer with roles and responsibilities?

happylifethy

Feb 9, 2015
Intocanada said:
Primary App

Digital Photo (required)

Spouse docs

Digital Photo (required)

For kid

Digital Photo (required)
Medical in the beginning??

sahilkhurana06

Jan 20, 2015
Employment Record - Original offer letter, payslips of current employer and relieving letters of previous employers should suffice? Getting a document with roles and responsibilities and other things from previous employer can be painful job. I have relieving letters from previous employers, salary slips and offer letters of all employers. Hope this will be fine?
Proof of Funds - I will get my bank statements for last 6 months. Apart from this any under construction property on my name can be included in proof of funds?

Any specific details on employment records will be good for us to prepare early. I have 2 previous employers so if I need to get any specific document from them, I can start now coz it will take a lot of time.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
My document checklist asks me for:
"Document: Police Certificates (Multiple)"
"Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)"
Does anybody know what is "Multiple" supposed to mean? I only have one passport, and I never left my country, so I should only need a single police certificate. Is it just a generic title?

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
fl_pie said:
My document checklist asks me for:
"Document: Police Certificates (Multiple)"
"Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)"
Does anybody know what is "Multiple" supposed to mean? I only have one passport, and I never left my country, so I should only need a single police certificate. Is it just a generic title?
True, in case you have more than one passport, or you traveled to different countries where your stay was more than 6months then you have to upload multiple copies.

In your case, it will be one passport & one pcc.
HTH

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Intocanada said:
True, in case you have more than one passport, or you traveled to different countries where your stay was more than 6months then you have upload multiple copies.

In your case, it will be one passport & one pcc.
HTH
Thanks, and +1 to you. I also have a question about the medical exam, maybe you know about that too? I want to know if I need the IMM1017B or IMM1017E forms before going for the examination.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a point filling PDF applications now? Aren't they online once you get your ITA. Also I've never seen anywhere asking for payslips. They only ask for a service letter from your employer right?

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
fl_pie said:
Thanks, and +1 to you. I also have a question about the medical exam, maybe you know about that too? I want to know if I need the IMM1017B or IMM1017E forms before going for the examination.
Thank you.
You just need to take the passport for Med exam and as ack you get e-Medical Information sheet which needs to be uploaded.
In case of any doubt you may also ask them the docs required when you call them for appointment.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
carl321 said:
Is there a point filling PDF applications now? Aren't they online once you get your ITA. Also I've never seen anywhere asking for payslips. They only ask for a service letter from your employer right?
Everything is online now. All you need is soft copies of every document CIC requests for.
Payslips are now requested by CIC as part of your employer document (present and previous).

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
Everything is online now. All you need is soft copies of every document CIC requests for.
Payslips are now requested by CIC as part of your employer document (present and previous).
Thanks,

But what if you are a student or unemplyed currently? how many payslips though ? do they expect you to scan pay slips for a 1+ year plus? also here in the US we get paid semi-monthly (thats a lot of pay slips) :D

should the scanned copies be notarized?

Mar 21, 2015
I have worked in different companies for 4 years but i do not have salary slips of all the months..So will it be fine if i show the salary slips of only last month in the company?