+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

process after receiving file review

zarax7

Feb 2, 2020
hi everyone,
i received file reiview for less complex case in mid of October and asked for extenstion because of my lawyer's circumstances so i submitted all supporting documents in end of November. so i was wondering when will i recieve the results ??? if anyone has any exprience in this kind of case that advice me.
P.S. we are family of four if it is gonna affect or not on the case.
thank you in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi everyone,
i received file reiview for less complex case in mid of October and asked for extenstion because of my lawyer's circumstances so i submitted all supporting documents in end of November. so i was wondering when will i recieve the results ??? if anyone has any exprience in this kind of case that advice me.
thank you in advance
Less complex cases can still take a year to get a hearing. It is just faster than more complex cases who are likely waiting double the time. You could get a hearing in a few months or in 9+ months. You could also be approved without a hearing. It is very hard to say. Best thing to do is try to establish yourself as soon as possible and work at getting jobs and improving language skills if needed.

rozana21

Aug 31, 2019
hi everyone,
thank you in advance
I am same as you .. did you hear any thing back?

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
waiting for the hearing
Hey zarax and @rozana21
Have you guys get to your hearing yet?

I Claimed october 2019 and irb asked to send supporting documents for file review process on December 2019, no news till last october 2020 and they said i am going to short hearing instaed of file review and they didnt send any letter about it yet and just called my lawyer and give him a short hearing date.
I just get confused that what is going on?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey zarax and @rozana21
Have you guys get to your hearing yet?

I Claimed october 2019 and irb asked to send supporting documents for file review process on December 2019, no news till last october 2020 and they said i am going to short hearing instaed of file review and they didnt send any letter about it yet and just called my lawyer and give him a short hearing date.
I just get confused that what is going on?
Covid has delayed things by many months. Your processing time would be considered fast.