+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process after PPR in USA

commons

Apr 1, 2023
Hello everyone
I recently received PPR and it has my old address. I have sent an email to the IRCC as mentioned on PPR to update address. I have few question regarding the process :
1. How long does it take to update the PPR and send a new one with updated address ?
2. Also what is the process to send passport once we receive PPR ? As far as I know I will need to send passport, PPR letter, a consent from vfs website and money draft/check . Is it correct ?
Can someone please explain the process who recently submitted passport after receiving PPR.

Thank you in advance !

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone
I recently received PPR and it has my old address. I have sent an email to the IRCC as mentioned on PPR to update address. I have few question regarding the process :
1. How long does it take to update the PPR and send a new one with updated address ?
2. Also what is the process to send passport once we receive PPR ? As far as I know I will need to send passport, PPR letter, a consent from vfs website and money draft/check . Is it correct ?
Can someone please explain the process who recently submitted passport after receiving PPR.

Thank you in advance !
Updating address on the PPR doesn't affect anything (*unless possibly you are now in Canada, different situation). Do not wait for them to replay and update address.

When you submit the passport and etc as per the instructions, you will provide them the address to return the passport and docs to. Make sure VFS has THAT address.

As for other details: roughly correct but some details vary by country/location of office where you are submitting. So check with the VFS office.

commons

Apr 1, 2023
Updating address on the PPR doesn't affect anything (*unless possibly you are now in Canada, different situation). Do not wait for them to replay and update address.

When you submit the passport and etc as per the instructions, you will provide them the address to return the passport and docs to. Make sure VFS has THAT address.

As for other details: roughly correct but some details vary by country/location of office where you are submitting. So check with the VFS office.
How do I make that VFS has correct address ?
Is it when I purchase the two way courier(US vfs has this option). Or I need to email/call etc to the VFS Los Angeles ?
I called them today and they asked me to submit web form to IRCC and continue with the passport submission process. They told me to add a white sheet with updated address on it while sending the documents to vfs.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How do I make that VFS has correct address ?
Is it when I purchase the two way courier(US vfs has this option). Or I need to email/call etc to the VFS Los Angeles ?
I called them today and they asked me to submit web form to IRCC and continue with the passport submission process. They told me to add a white sheet with updated address on it while sending the documents to vfs.
Ask VFS. Where I did it (not USA), we provided the return address as part of the process (it was two way courier).

Reactions: commons