+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process after getting PNP Approval - Please advise

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi There
Does IRCC really checks all docs again after PNP is approved and 600 points are added in the express entry profile ?

I mean all docs have are supposed to be verified by the PNP - correct - so wondering if IRCC takes again time to validate each doc and how it impacts the timeline post ITA submission.

Reactions: Srushti2020

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi There
Does IRCC really checks all docs again after PNP is approved and 600 points are added in the express entry profile ?

I mean all docs have are supposed to be verified by the PNP - correct - so wondering if IRCC takes again time to validate each doc and how it impacts the timeline post ITA submission.
PNP office and IRCC offices are different. They both have different procedure to do verification. Even everything is done by PNP office, IRCC can still ask documentation.

Reactions: neo69 and scylla

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
PNP office and IRCC offices are different. They both have different procedure to do verification. Even everything is done by PNP office, IRCC can still ask documentation.
So basically having a PNP nomination doesnt really changes the process post ITA and the time IRCC will take to process is going be to be the same ?
IRCC will validate all docs again - correct

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
What I am trying to understand is does having a PNP help in any way - apart from getting the extra 600 points

say for example - if one gets a PNP and also gets a direct ITA - which one is more advisable in terms of processing / getting PR approval

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
What I am trying to understand is does having a PNP help in any way - apart from getting the extra 600 points

say for example - if one gets a PNP and also gets a direct ITA - which one is more advisable in terms of processing / getting PR approval
It’s better to go through express entry PNP pr as you already have approval from Province and half of your eligibility is already done by Province. Both category will have different processing time . Having PNP is that your half of eligibility is already cleared by province but when it comes to IRCC to check eligibility they can ask documentation again from their side . I would say just submit application through PNP PR application category and you already have enough points to get invitation.

Reactions: neo69

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
It’s better to go through express entry PNP pr as you already have approval from Province and half of your eligibility is already done by Province. Both category will have different processing time . Having PNP is that your half of eligibility is already cleared by province but when it comes to IRCC to check eligibility they can ask documentation again from their side . I would say just submit application through PNP PR application category and you already have enough points to get invitation.
thanks a lot - so processing time vise there wont be any difference right - EE PNP wont take more or less than direct ITA ?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
So basically having a PNP nomination doesnt really changes the process post ITA and the time IRCC will take to process is going be to be the same ?
IRCC will validate all docs again - correct
Correct.
A Provincial Nomination does not guarantee Permanent Residence. There are statutory requirements that an individual must meet in regards to health, security, and authenticity of documents before CIC will approve the Permanent Resident status.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
thanks a lot - so processing time vise there wont be any difference right - EE PNP wont take more or less than direct ITA ?
Yes even though processing time online is different from both categories, there is no guarantee that it will take that time . You can either get PR in 2 months or can take upto 2 years. It all depends how complex your application is . Factors like - military background, criminality and security will take time if you have any background from these .

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
Yes even though processing time online is different from both categories, there is no guarantee that it will take that time . You can either get PR in 2 months or can take upto 2 years. It all depends how complex your application is . Factors like - military background, criminality and security will take time if you have any background from these .
Hi, I am wondering I already get my PNP and have 600 points on my EE profile, in OINP HCP application, I didn't include internship in my work history - since they are not adding any points, and not in my other activities (since other activities said exclude paid job). in My EE application, i have to include them in my personal history. I am wondering how shall I write the LOE to explain this, do I have to explain this to IRCC? Urgent help need. thank you so much!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, I am wondering I already get my PNP and have 600 points on my EE profile, in OINP HCP application, I didn't include internship in my work history - since they are not adding any points, and not in my other activities (since other activities said exclude paid job). in My EE application, i have to include them in my personal history. I am wondering how shall I write the LOE to explain this, do I have to explain this to IRCC? Urgent help need. thank you so much!
Just explain and write on simple paper and sign it and upload under additional document section.

gurmohit93

Feb 7, 2024
Yes, IRCC rechecks all documents even after PNP approval and the addition of 600 points to the Express Entry profile. While the PNP verifies documents for eligibility, IRCC conducts its own thorough review to ensure all federal immigration requirements are met. This re-verification can affect the timeline, potentially adding some time to the processing of your application post-ITA submission. However, based on current timeline it takes around 3-4 months to get PR after pnp approval from province, however, it may take longer depending on your file.