+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get UAE Police Certificate - For Former Residents with EID

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Hello,

I am in Canada and I need to apply for a police clearance certificate from UAE. I will apply through the Dubai police website and I have some questions:
1- The first question is 'user type'. When I select 'outside UAE', the biometric card photocopy (finger prints) shows up as mandatory. Should I select 'resident' since I was a resident of Dubai? I do have an expired emirates ID.

2- The drop down menus change based on the 'user type'. i.e. when I select "resident", the menus show as described in the original post where I get to select the 'type of requested party' as private sector and then a 'private entity' field shows up where I can select immigration Canada from the drop down menu. On the other hand, when I select 'user type' as 'outside UAE', the menus change to 'certificate purpose' and 'certificate required by' with a list of countries in the drop down menu.

3- Does this police certificate need to be stamped by the UAE embassy in Ottawa before submitting to immigration Canada?
How long is the PCC valid for .Thanks

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Yes of course it works :) because you can enter your Emirates ID Number regardless if it's expired or old. We just done ours online outside the UAE and recieved it within 10 hours. Please note: that this won't work if you have a criminal record in the UAE; you will have to get it cleared before they can issue a certificate, and you can only do it online whether you're in the UAE or outside the UAE.

You can follow our steps below:

1. Go to Dubai Police Website www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
2. Click On Police Clearance Certificate
4. Click 'Access Service'
5. Select user type 'Outside UAE'
6. Enter full name
7. Enter nationality
8. In "Do you have Emirates ID?" section, select "Yes" and then input your valid or expired
Emirates ID. If you don't have an Emirates ID, you will need to provide a 'Previous Residency Photocopy'
9. Your mobile number (include country code if you like)
10. In 'Certificate Purpose' we entered 'Immigration' (choose one that applies to you)
11. In 'Certificate Language' enter 'English'
12. In 'Certificate Required By' enter the country that is requesting for this police certificate
13. Enter your email (any email will do so they can send you the certificate online)
14. Ignore the 'Biometric Card Copy' (skip it, don't worry about it)
15. Upload only one 'Personal photo' (any old or recent passport type photo is sufficient, or take a picture of yourself in front of a white wall from your shoulder to your head, just like any standard passport photo) They will put this photo on your certificate
16. Upload your current valid Passport (scan or take a clear picture with your phone)
17. Click Next
18. Enter Payment details (We entered a visa debit card from ANZ Australia. I suppose any visa card will work, just give your cards a try until it works?)
How long is the PCC valid

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Hey guys, I just want to confirm whether the electronic version of PCC is still accepted by immigration? I got it by following the instructions posted here and received the PCC in my email within 24 hours. Do I need to get it notarized from UAE embassy in Canada or not required? I will be applying for CEC and the new TR to PR stream for international graduates.

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Hey guys, I just want to confirm whether the electronic version of PCC is still accepted by immigration? I got it by following the instructions posted here and received the PCC in my email within 24 hours. Do I need to get it notarized from UAE embassy in Canada or not required? I will be applying for CEC and the new TR to PR stream for international graduates.
I also got mine 3 days back and it’s written below that it does not need a stamp .Will wait for someone else to comment as I was also wondering the same .
On mine they have added my fathers name along as that’s how it was on the visa .Wondering if that is acceptable .Was it same on yours

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
I also got mine 3 days back and it’s written below that it does not need a stamp .Will wait for someone else to comment as I was also wondering the same .
On mine they have added my fathers name along as that’s how it was on the visa .Wondering if that is acceptable .Was it same on yours
Regarding the father's name, that is fine. As for the stamp, I don't think it is necessary as IRCC states that PCC for UAE can be received by applying online: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-arab-emirates.html

Nonetheless, if anyone can clarify this, I'd appreciate it.

Did you apply through Dubai Police website (www.dubaipolice.gov.ae) or MOI (moi.gov.ae)?

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Regarding the father's name, that is fine. As for the stamp, I don't think it is necessary as IRCC states that PCC for UAE can be received by applying online: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-arab-emirates.html

Nonetheless, if anyone can clarify this, I'd appreciate it.

Did you apply through Dubai Police website (www.dubaipolice.gov.ae) or MOI (moi.gov.ae)?
I went through the Dubai Police website .
Regarding the fathers name I hope it won’t be a problem as it’s not the same as my passport where they don’t mention fathers name on the first page

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
I went through the Dubai Police website .
Regarding the fathers name I hope it won’t be a problem as it’s not the same as my passport where they don’t mention fathers name on the first page
I actually asked about this from an immigration lawyer and she said it won't be a problem as it's a norm to add the father's name in UAE.

That said, I will be including a letter of explanation in my application to clarify this to the immigration officer.

Laura0928

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
I requested for Clearance certificate through MOI but photo is not attached, will IRCC accept this? I'm no longer in the UAE

Applicant399

Feb 14, 2018
How long is the PCC valid
I did the same.
I applied online.
I don't have Emirates I'd
Put no in e I'd option
Upload old residence visa copy
After submitting all other requirement and application fee.got a receipt.
But now I got e mail from Dubai police insisting to send fingerprint card attested by UAE embassy.
Please guide me . thanks

Report •••
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/uae-police-clearance-certificate.583505/

cooper8ion

Sep 19, 2023
Hi im attempting to get the certificate but im receiving a payment error every time.
It seems its not even attempting to charge my card as im not seeing any notices from my bank.
Does anyone have any info or help for this situation
thank you :)