Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
Hi I am applying for my pcc through MOI using THE UAE PASS.
What is to be filled under the following:
Purpose of Use

Reason :the option of immigration is not coming

Organization

PLS HELP

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
I got the UAE pcc but its with the old pic that use to be when I was in uae ? Would that still be acceptable ?
Yes. Even I got with the old pic. What did you write in the submitted to section?

Kaurnavu

Dec 18, 2020
Hlo .. actually i have quick question .. i have applied for my spousal sponsership in canada .. nd the immigration need my husband’s dubai PCC .. can i apply online on dubai government website for my husband ? Nd which number should i give them and .. nd what should i select in certificate required by column .. iam currently in canada and my husband is in india .. please if anyone can explain it to me i would really appriciate ... thank you ..

jm101

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2021
LANDED..........
24-08-2021
Hello! Does this work even if I have been out of UAE since 2016? I still have a copy of old emirates ID.
Also, Where should I attach my latest cancelled residence visa stamp? Thanks in advance.

sethsydney

Mar 2, 2021
Hello! Does this work even if I have been out of UAE since 2016? I still have a copy of old emirates ID.
Also, Where should I attach my latest cancelled residence visa stamp? Thanks in advance.
Yes of course it works :) because you can enter your Emirates ID Number regardless if it's expired or old. We just done ours online outside the UAE and recieved it within 10 hours. Please note: that this won't work if you have a criminal record in the UAE; you will have to get it cleared before they can issue a certificate, and you can only do it online whether you're in the UAE or outside the UAE.

You can follow our steps below:

1. Go to Dubai Police Website www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
2. Click On Police Clearance Certificate
4. Click 'Access Service'
5. Select user type 'Outside UAE'
6. Enter full name
7. Enter nationality
8. In "Do you have Emirates ID?" section, select "Yes" and then input your valid or expired
Emirates ID. If you don't have an Emirates ID, you will need to provide a 'Previous Residency Photocopy'
9. Your mobile number (include country code if you like)
10. In 'Certificate Purpose' we entered 'Immigration' (choose one that applies to you)
11. In 'Certificate Language' enter 'English'
12. In 'Certificate Required By' enter the country that is requesting for this police certificate
13. Enter your email (any email will do so they can send you the certificate online)
14. Ignore the 'Biometric Card Copy' (skip it, don't worry about it)
15. Upload only one 'Personal photo' (any old or recent passport type photo is sufficient, or take a picture of yourself in front of a white wall from your shoulder to your head, just like any standard passport photo) They will put this photo on your certificate
16. Upload your current valid Passport (scan or take a clear picture with your phone)
17. Click Next
18. Enter Payment details (We entered a visa debit card from ANZ Australia. I suppose any visa card will work, just give your cards a try until it works?)

Last edited:
Reactions: jm101

sethsydney

Mar 2, 2021
Hlo .. actually i have quick question .. i have applied for my spousal sponsership in canada .. nd the immigration need my husband’s dubai PCC .. can i apply online on dubai government website for my husband ? Nd which number should i give them and .. nd what should i select in certificate required by column .. iam currently in canada and my husband is in india .. please if anyone can explain it to me i would really appriciate ... thank you ..
You can definitely apply on behalf of your husband online on the Dubai Police website, as long as you have all his details to enter into the application for the police certificate.

I assume your husband has a Emirates ID Card?; the Emirates ID Number is what you'll need, along with the other information listed in our guideline below. Emirates ID will have 15 numbers (XXX-XXXX-XXXXXXX-X)

In the 'Certificate Required By' section, select the country that is requesting for your husbands Dubai police certificate. In your case, CANADA.

You can follow our steps below for your guideline:

6. Enter full name
7. Enter nationality
8. In "Do you have Emirates ID?" section, select "Yes" and then input your valid or expired
Emirates ID. If you don't have an Emirates ID, you will need to provide a 'Previous Residency Photocopy'
10. In 'Certificate Purpose' we entered 'Immigration' (choose one that applies to you)
12. In 'Certificate Required By' enter the country that is requesting for this police certificate
13. Enter your email (any email will do so they can send you the certificate online)
15. Upload only one 'Personal photo' (any old or recent passport type photo is sufficient, or take a picture of yourself in front of a white wall from your shoulder to your head, just like any standard passport photo) They will put this photo on your certificate
16. Upload your current valid Passport (scan or take a clear picture with your phone)
17. Click Next
18. Enter Payment details (We entered a visa debit card from ANZ Australia. I suppose any visa card will work, just give your cards a try until it works?)

sethsydney

Mar 2, 2021
Hi Neha,

Thanks for your message. I am sorry i didnt got your question.

Does that make any difference if the pic is going to be old or new one ?
Any old or new passport photo can be provided. The reason why they ask is because they will attach your picture to the police certificate

sethsydney

Mar 2, 2021
Hi I am applying for my pcc through MOI using THE UAE PASS.
What is to be filled under the following:
Purpose of Use

Reason :the option of immigration is not coming

Organization

PLS HELP

In the UAE Ministry of Interior website, you will enter the Canadian organization that is requesting for the PCC, which is the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, CIC < copy and paste that into the organization section.

Definition of 'Organization' 1. an organized group of people with a particular purpose, such as a business or government department.

In the 'Reason' section, select the available reason for requesting your Police Certificate. If it's not listed just select 'For Outside Country Purpose' Which means the purpose of the PCC is for reasons outside the country of the UAE.

sethsydney

Mar 2, 2021
Hello again, how long does it takes the get the pcc? Its been 2 days already when i apply and paid i received only the invoice email,,,
On the web page where you applied for the PCC, you can also follow up regarding your application. Use the reference number they provided to check the status. You shoud've received it within 24 hours.

Please note: If you have a criminal record, the UAE will not issue a Police Certificate until your criminal record is cleared, afterwards you will need to apply again. You will not receive a refund for applying for a PCC.

jm101

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2021
LANDED..........
24-08-2021
Yes of course it works :) because you can enter your Emirates ID Number regardless if it's expired or old. We just done ours online outside the UAE and recieved it within 10 hours. Please note: that this won't work if you have a criminal record in the UAE; you will have to get it cleared before they can issue a certificate, and you can only do it online whether you're in the UAE or outside the UAE.

6. Enter full name
7. Enter nationality
17. Click Next
I did this last week and it worked too. Used Canadian Mastercard. Thanks for the reply too. I attached passport copy and old residence visa and even an old police clearance in one file just to be super sure. Did it 10 pm received it the next morning.

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
This is all very confusing when it comes to UAE PPC, I am currently in UAE and my parents are in Canada going through their PR process. They have been requested to submit their PPC. They left UAE in 2016 and their Emirates ID has obviously expired. I have gone through Dubai Police Station three occasions and all they do is tell you to apply online. Now I have few questions before I apply online for them, I have the passport copy and EID. When I go on the PCC website and apply, it says inside UAE or Outside UAE, When I do outside UAE they are asking for fingerprints attested by the embassy in Canada. When I do inside UAE, they don't ask for the same.

1) If I do inside UAE and get the certificate is it still valid?
2) If I do outside UAE, the process is long and we have to submit the PCC by end of the month. Can CIC give an extension of any kind given the process is not in our hands?

Last year I went through the same process for my younger brother and it was a shit show and it was only done through back-end connections and his online application was useless and it never came through from Dubai Police. Finally, we had to go through somebody to get PPC from Abu Dhabi and It used the PCC on his old passport and ID, which somehow CIC accepted.
Hello. I am in the same situation. what did you end up doing?

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020

6. Enter full name
7. Enter nationality
17. Click Next

Hello,

I am in Canada and I need to apply for a police clearance certificate from UAE. I will apply through the Dubai police website and I have some questions:
1- The first question is 'user type'. When I select 'outside UAE', the biometric card photocopy (finger prints) shows up as mandatory. Should I select 'resident' since I was a resident of Dubai? I do have an expired emirates ID.

2- The drop down menus change based on the 'user type'. i.e. when I select "resident", the menus show as described in the original post where I get to select the 'type of requested party' as private sector and then a 'private entity' field shows up where I can select immigration Canada from the drop down menu. On the other hand, when I select 'user type' as 'outside UAE', the menus change to 'certificate purpose' and 'certificate required by' with a list of countries in the drop down menu.

3- Does this police certificate need to be stamped by the UAE embassy in Ottawa before submitting to immigration Canada?