+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get UAE Police Certificate - For Former Residents with EID

batosai

Nov 9, 2019
Yes it is expensive.
You will get the PCC within 24 hours. I got it in my mail in one hour.
I did not get it printed and attested as mentioned above. Mine was accepted without any hassle. The PCC that they send via mail gives a note at the bottom saying it is issued electronically and requires no stamp.
Hello again, how long does it takes the get the pcc? Its been 2 days already when i apply and paid i received only the invoice email,,,

batosai

Nov 9, 2019
It is indeed expensive for former expats who have already moved out of the UAE. Unless if you were still in the country, the charge is less (not sure how much).
Anyways, the processing time for you to get a PCC issued, is 24-48 hours. However, dont forget that once received it needs to be printed and taken to the nearest UAE consulate and get it attested for additional charge of AED 150. This can be carried out within the same day itself.
Is There anyway to check the Pcc or follow up my application coz its been 2 days but still I don't receive it

Aman K

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-03-2020
Doc's Request.
23-10-2020
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02/09/2020
Med's Done....
12/09/2020
Is There anyway to check the Pcc or follow up my application coz its been 2 days but still I don't receive it
Have you re-checked you email and junk folders, in case the MOI email landed there.?
About the delay, it is very unusual since they try to stick to deadlines, however, you can just try to ring the MOI in UAE to check the status of your application.

batosai

Nov 9, 2019
Yeah i check my spam mail.no amswer its the same as before as i apply for MOI.it just under process i just pay them then no result.now its more money i spend but no result.my god i don't know what they are trying to do.u said u have ur pcc can u pls send me a copy on my email.thank u

batosai

Nov 9, 2019
Yes, I applied with the new passport and received the certificate by e-mail in 4 business days. However, the police certificate that was issued still has her maiden name and old passport number as per expired residency visa and emirates ID card. The only addition was that the certificate received through online application has a recent photograph that we uploaded while applying. I just wrote a LOE explaining the situation and submitted my application last week.
From my experience, I would say that you can upload your current passport. But, it really doesn't matter much to them. They simply generate the certificate using the details in emirates ID. As long as you provide your valid emirates ID number and copy of residence visa, you'll be fine.
Hi
I want a quick info, i paid online to get the police clearance for my canada citizenship, after doing the payment i received the email saying my transaction was successful and no more info like when i will receive my certificate and etc, is it the same you guys got?
Hi , do u get ur PCC?

batosai

Nov 9, 2019
Hi there! I just applied on the Dubai Police website( even though we lived in Abu Dhabi) and I could pay with the Canadian card as well ; it was accepted. I' m waiting for the certificate. it seems unreal that it can be so easy, but seeing all the people who posted here and confirmed makes me feel optimistic. I wiill let you know in a few days if we get it!

Thank you for all your info!
Hi diana,
Do u get ur pcc?coz i applied too its been 2 days now but I don't have in my inbox,

batosai

Nov 9, 2019
Yeah i check my spam mail.no amswer its the same as before as i apply for MOI.it just under process i just pay them then no result.now its more money i spend but no result.my god i don't know what they are trying to do.u said u have ur pcc can u pls send me a copy on my email.thank u
I check on the DP site about the status it says there "in progress".
Why is it happening.?

Sep 24, 2020
My digital PCC copy had a BIGG RED stamp on the main content quoting "requires attestation from Consulate". Haha
I am assuming it would generally vary between different countries..
Hey mine came the same way and i sent it for attestation too.
I received an email copy after attestation but the original that was sent back to me was nicked from my mailbox by some prick.
So, now am not sure if you know, but since you got the same document i was wondering if you knew whether i could just take a print out of the attested pcc i got through email when original hard copy might be asked or should i resend an attestation application for original hard copy.
Let me know if you can shed some light on this one.

pcc.dxb

Oct 6, 2020
Hello Guys,

I would like to share my personal experience in getting police certificate for UAE. I never expected that the process is so simple and it costs 320 AED only. You should have your Emirates ID # with you which you held when you were a resident there ( doesn´t matter if it has expired)

1. Go to Dubai Police Website www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
2. Go to Services -> More
3. Click On Police Clearance Certificate
4. Click Access Service
5. Select 'Outside UAE' in 'I am located?' section
6. Fill out all other information and in "Do you have Emirates ID" section, select "Yes" and then input your
Emirates ID which you used to hold while you were a resident there.
7. Upload your Passport, Photo and Residency Page Copy
8. Click Next
9. Enter your Address (Can be your current address in any country)
10. Enter Payment details. Card being used should be a GCC card.

Thats it. One the payment is submitted, you will get certificate in your email in 1-2 days. They cross-check your information using Emirates ID number.

I hope it helps.

Thanks
Faheem
Well this is what worked for me, & I got my PCC within two hours of online application.

I'd applied for the PCC last week, that's on last week of September/2020.

No need for fingerprint, passport photo, embassy attestation, no GCC card etc, any international credit card and Emirates ID will do. Mind you, I had an investor visa, and I'd not even cancelled it. It had expired because of me not returning back to UAE within 6 months. But yes, I had no criminal case, and all my records were clean.

Here are the steps in details:
  1. Go to the following link: https://portal.moi.gov.ae/eservices/PolicingServices/Certificates/ClearanceCertificate.aspx?Culture=en
  2. Enter Emirates ID & click on Verify
  3. Application Info form will open. Fill in your details & click on Next. Delivery method will be Email, and you won't be able to change that.
  4. Pay the Service Fee & Click on Next & complete the payment
  5. After 2-3 hours, you can start inquiring for your PCC here: https://portal.moi.gov.ae/eservices/PolicingServices/Certificates/CertificateList.aspx?Culture=en. If your PCC is displayed you can download/print it, & use this copy itself. Since there is a QR code in the soft copy, its authenticity can be easily verified.
  6. After around 8-9 days, also received an email copy of my PCC, which is exact copy of the PCC mentioned in point 5.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:

mnagp082

Oct 21, 2020
I am getting an error saying " Currently, we are unable to retrieve your Emirates ID data, please try after some time." Does anyone else is getting this while putting up emirates ID details.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I just received the PCC and the name is mentioned as mine followed by my fathers name, is that correct?

noorie11

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Yes, I applied with the new passport and received the certificate by e-mail in 4 business days. However, the police certificate that was issued still has her maiden name and old passport number as per expired residency visa and emirates ID card. The only addition was that the certificate received through online application has a recent photograph that we uploaded while applying. I just wrote a LOE explaining the situation and submitted my application last week.
From my experience, I would say that you can upload your current passport. But, it really doesn't matter much to them. They simply generate the certificate using the details in emirates ID. As long as you provide your valid emirates ID number and copy of residence visa, you'll be fine.
Hello,

Was the PCC accepted with maiden/fathers name by IRCC? I have this same issue.