+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get UAE Police Certificate - For Former Residents with EID

faheemtassadaq

Jun 21, 2014
Hello Guys,

I would like to share my personal experience in getting police certificate for UAE. I never expected that the process is so simple and it costs 320 AED only. You should have your Emirates ID # with you which you held when you were a resident there ( doesn´t matter if it has expired)

1. Go to Dubai Police Website www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
2. Go to Services -> More
3. Click On Police Clearance Certificate
4. Click Access Service
5. Select 'Outside UAE' in 'I am located?' section
6. Fill out all other information and in "Do you have Emirates ID" section, select "Yes" and then input your
Emirates ID which you used to hold while you were a resident there.
7. Upload your Passport, Photo and Residency Page Copy
8. Click Next
9. Enter your Address (Can be your current address in any country)
10. Enter Payment details. Card being used should be a GCC card.

Thats it. One the payment is submitted, you will get certificate in your email in 1-2 days. They cross-check your information using Emirates ID number.

I hope it helps.

Thanks
Faheem

prasad_techguy

Dec 17, 2017
Hello Guys,

I would like to share my personal experience in getting police certificate for UAE. I never expected that the process is so simple and it costs 320 AED only. You should have your Emirates ID # with you which you held when you were a resident there ( doesn´t matter if it has expired)

1. Go to Dubai Police Website www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
2. Go to Services -> More
3. Click On Police Clearance Certificate
4. Click Access Service
5. Select 'Outside UAE' in 'I am located?' section
6. Fill out all other information and in "Do you have Emirates ID" section, select "Yes" and then input your
Emirates ID which you used to hold while you were a resident there.
7. Upload your Passport, Photo and Residency Page Copy
8. Click Next
9. Enter your Address (Can be your current address in any country)
10. Enter Payment details. Card being used should be a GCC card.

Thats it. One the payment is submitted, you will get certificate in your email in 1-2 days. They cross-check your information using Emirates ID number.

I hope it helps.

Thanks
Faheem
Hi Faheem,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Are you sure we don't need to do fingerprint if we have an expired UAE ID card? Thank you.

ccl_00032

Nov 28, 2017
NOC Code......
Yes I did and got it in 1 day
Hi Prasad and Skeecandidate,
Did you guys got it online?
While residing outside UAE?
And without submitting any finger prints?
Just by having your old emirates id number right?

Kindly confirm. It will be a great help.

prasad_techguy

Dec 17, 2017

Yes i am not in UAE anymore. I got my UAE PCC within a day by just submitting my expired UAE ID card.. No need to submit fingerprint if you have a valid or expired UAE ID card.

skeecandidate

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017

It's for my wife, and I had someone apply in person on our behalf at Dubai. They did not ask for fingerprints, and we got it in a day. But, the certificate shows her maiden name and old passport number with the expired UAE residence VISA. I plan to try applying online next week with married name and try my luck.

daenaerys

Jan 28, 2018
It's for my wife, and I had someone apply in person on our behalf at Dubai. They did not ask for fingerprints, and we got it in a day. But, the certificate shows her maiden name and old passport number with the expired UAE residence VISA. I plan to try applying online next week with married name and try my luck.

Good day! Did you try applying online using your wife's new passport? I am planning to apply for myself. I have renewed my passport after I exited UAE, so my residence visa bears my expired passport number. I want to make sure which one should I upload in my online PCC application Thanks.

skeecandidate

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Good day! Did you try applying online using your wife's new passport? I am planning to apply for myself. I have renewed my passport after I exited UAE, so my residence visa bears my expired passport number. I want to make sure which one should I upload in my online PCC application Thanks.
Yes, I applied with the new passport and received the certificate by e-mail in 4 business days. However, the police certificate that was issued still has her maiden name and old passport number as per expired residency visa and emirates ID card. The only addition was that the certificate received through online application has a recent photograph that we uploaded while applying. I just wrote a LOE explaining the situation and submitted my application last week.
From my experience, I would say that you can upload your current passport. But, it really doesn't matter much to them. They simply generate the certificate using the details in emirates ID. As long as you provide your valid emirates ID number and copy of residence visa, you'll be fine.

daenaerys

Jan 28, 2018
Yes, I applied with the new passport and received the certificate by e-mail in 4 business days. However, the police certificate that was issued still has her maiden name and old passport number as per expired residency visa and emirates ID card. The only addition was that the certificate received through online application has a recent photograph that we uploaded while applying. I just wrote a LOE explaining the situation and submitted my application last week.
From my experience, I would say that you can upload your current passport. But, it really doesn't matter much to them. They simply generate the certificate using the details in emirates ID. As long as you provide your valid emirates ID number and copy of residence visa, you'll be fine.

So it will still be the old passport's details that will appear in the police certificate. I thought that if I upload my current passport they will update the passport details.Thank you very much.

skeecandidate

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
So it will still be the old passport's details that will appear in the police certificate. I thought that if I upload my current passport they will update the passport details.Thank you very much.
Yes, your understanding is right. The certificate will show the old passport number irrespective of what you upload in the application.

Reactions: daenaerys

faheemtassadaq

Jun 21, 2014
I
Just upload your new passport copy while submitting the application. They will put your new passport number on the PCC and the Emirates ID Number as well.

Mar 9, 2018
Hi, guys. Thanks for the info you shared. May I ask if this is applicable to former residents of Dubai only, or are former residents of Abu Dhabi able to get a clearance from the Dubai police website? Thanks!