+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get UAE Police Certificate - For Former Residents with EID

umairmushtaq

May 29, 2018
Hello Guys,

I would like to share my personal experience in getting police certificate for UAE. I never expected that the process is so simple and it costs 320 AED only. You should have your Emirates ID # with you which you held when you were a resident there ( doesn´t matter if it has expired)

1. Go to Dubai Police Website www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
2. Go to Services -> More
3. Click On Police Clearance Certificate
4. Click Access Service
5. Select 'Outside UAE' in 'I am located?' section
6. Fill out all other information and in "Do you have Emirates ID" section, select "Yes" and then input your
Emirates ID which you used to hold while you were a resident there.
7. Upload your Passport, Photo and Residency Page Copy
8. Click Next
9. Enter your Address (Can be your current address in any country)
10. Enter Payment details. Card being used should be a GCC card.

Thats it. One the payment is submitted, you will get certificate in your email in 1-2 days. They cross-check your information using Emirates ID number.

I hope it helps.

Thanks
Faheem
what if i have a service visa and not a residence visa(Emirates ID). ? what the procedure? i am stcuk with this for ages. pls help!

umairmushtaq

May 29, 2018
Ok i had this 90 day service visa back in 2012 which was extended to further 90 days (making it 180 days). Its a single entry visa!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
SINGLE ENTRY LONG TERM VISA - L

Ok i had this 90 day service visa back in 2012 which was extended to further 90 days (making it 180 days). Its a single entry visa!!!
So I guess you are talking about Mission Visa then. We’re you issued an Emirates ID during the visa period ? If yes do you have the EmiratesID number then ?

Last edited:

umairmushtaq

May 29, 2018
So I guess you are talking about Mission Visa then. We’re you issued an Emirates ID during the visa period ? If yes do you have the EmiratesID number then ?
Yes it was a mission visa also known as service visa.. They issue Emirates ID number on resident visa only. so i havent got any emirates ID number.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yes it was a mission visa also known as service visa.. They issue Emirates ID number on resident visa only. so i havent got any emirates ID number.
So i guess in that case you to get your finger prints done through an authorized agency in your country and have it notarize it, then take it first to your foreign affairs/ministry for attestation and then get it attested with UAE Embassy in the country you are in.
Then you will have to send this attested docs to UAE to a friend/family member who have to intern apply at a local police stn and pay the fee(they would need a Power of Attorney from you in that regard)(Muraqbat police stn or the Dubai police stn). You will have to check for the police stn for Abu Dhabi
The PCC docs issued by UAE either through Dubai or Abu Dhabi are electronic and sent via email.

Reactions: umairmushtaq

kayvee

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
So i guess in that case you to get your finger prints done through an authorized agency in your country and have it notarize it, then take it first to your foreign affairs/ministry for attestation and then get it attested with UAE Embassy in the country you are in.
Then you will have to send this attested docs to UAE to a friend/family member who have to intern apply at a local police stn and pay the fee(they would need a Power of Attorney from you in that regard)(Muraqbat police stn or the Dubai police stn). You will have to check for the police stn for Abu Dhabi
The PCC docs issued by UAE either through Dubai or Abu Dhabi are electronic and sent via email.

Can the documents be taken to a police station in Sharjah...will that work?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Can the documents be taken to a police station in Sharjah...will that work?
Hey Kayvee yes you can, send it to a friend who should take it to the police stn in Sharjah

I have a question to you...Did you have a Sharjah or were you having a Dubai visa but living in Sharjah ?

And I assume that you do not have a EmiratesID ?

Last edited:

kayvee

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Hey Kayvee yes you can, send it to a friend who should take it to the police stn in Sharjah

I have a question to you...Did you have a Sharjah or were you having a Dubai visa but living in Sharjah ?

And I assume that you do not have a EmiratesID ?

I had a Dubai Visa...and lived in both sharjah and dubai. I was a student at the time. A student in College. And I dont have an Emirates ID. I left the UAE in 2005 and I dont know if an Emirates ID was a thing back then.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I had a Dubai Visa...and lived in both sharjah and dubai. I was a student at the time. A student in College. And I dont have an Emirates ID. I left the UAE in 2005 and I dont know if an Emirates ID was a thing back then.
Then you need to apply PCC from Dubai.

Go to Dubaipolice website there is an online chat option available you can through the chat if you can be served if you apply online do not have a Emirates ID

kayvee

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Then you need to apply PCC from Dubai.

Go to Dubaipolice website there is an online chat option available you can through the chat if you can be served if you apply online do not have a Emirates ID
Thanks sir

I tried the chat option...but it is not connecting to anyone for me...even though it is putting me in queue.

On the Dubai website it says the cost for the certificate for those outside of the country is AED 300....but on the form itself it says AED 70.

Do you know which is correct? And do they want it in cash?

Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks sir

I tried the chat option...but it is not connecting to anyone for me...even though it is putting me in queue.

On the Dubai website it says the cost for the certificate for those outside of the country is AED 300....but on the form itself it says AED 70.

Do you know which is correct? And do they want it in cash?

Thanks
I paid AED 320 through the Dubai Police website

diana_F_B

Jun 27, 2018
Hi there! I just applied on the Dubai Police website( even though we lived in Abu Dhabi) and I could pay with the Canadian card as well ; it was accepted. I' m waiting for the certificate. it seems unreal that it can be so easy, but seeing all the people who posted here and confirmed makes me feel optimistic. I wiill let you know in a few days if we get it!

Thank you for all your info!