+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure of submitting passport at VFS Kolkata for visitor visa

Nishat123

Feb 19, 2020
Anyone submitted their passport at VFS kolkata office for visitor visa recently ? can anyone please help me with the procedure ? I was not able to book an appointment online, I haven’t called them yet.

It is for my parents visitor visa for Passport stamp.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Simratpal

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Anyone submitted their passport at VFS kolkata office for visitor visa recently ? can anyone please help me with the procedure ? I was not able to book an appointment online, I haven’t called them yet.

It is for my parents visitor visa for Passport stamp.

Any leads would be appreciated.
Hello

passport submission is nowdays with courier service only. This is 2 way courier fee you will pay one for pickup and one for drop off. Here is a link where you can arrange pickup

https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/

payal8502

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi, Did anybody use the webform for pickup and delivery of passport? My parents received request for passport submission recently for visit visa. Had a few queries:
1. There is a field for Application Number in the webform? Is it the application number they received from VFS while submitting biometrics? The same one as on the VFS receipt. Or, is it the application number provided by IRCC?
2. Any idea on the time taken by VFS to give back the stamped passports?
3. Anything else I would keep in mind?

My parents got the visa after a long wait. So don't want to mess up things. Thanks a lot in advance.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi, Did anybody use the webform for pickup and delivery of passport? My parents received request for passport submission recently for visit visa. Had a few queries:
1. There is a field for Application Number in the webform? Is it the application number they received from VFS while submitting biometrics? The same one as on the VFS receipt. Or, is it the application number provided by IRCC?
2. Any idea on the time taken by VFS to give back the stamped passports?
3. Anything else I would keep in mind?

My parents got the visa after a long wait. So don't want to mess up things. Thanks a lot in advance.
1- Application number started by V and provided by IRCC
2- 7-10 DAYS APPROX

Good Luck

Beaver_CA

Dec 1, 2021
2- 7-10 DAYS APPROX

Good Luck
2- 7-10 DAYS APPROX

Good Luck
Do we have to submit any document other than the PPR letter and SMS form? Is consent form required if we opt for pickup and delivery? If yes, Should I mention Blue dart in the field- Name of the person? I’ve received a bunch of documents and not sure whether I have to submit all of them. Below are the instructions received in the email:

Instructions to be followed:
Failure to follow the below protocol may lead to further delay in processing of your application.
1. Ensure there is only 1 packet per applicant & include the following in each of the package,
- SMS / Courier return form
- Consent form from all adult applicants(18 plus)
- Passport transmission letter for all applicants for whom service has been booked and paid for.
- Current and Valid passport for all applicants for whom service has been booked and paid for (Kindly do not submit old passports)

2. It is mandatory to submit all the above documents duly completed as required by the High Commission along with the Current Valid Passport.

3. Keep the envelope ready with all the documents mentioned above and hand it over to the Blue Dart courier executive. The airway bill number must be provided to the Blue Dart pick up staff on the date of pickup and write the below text on the envelope.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Do we have to submit any document other than the PPR letter and SMS form? Is consent form required if we opt for pickup and delivery? If yes, Should I mention Blue dart in the field- Name of the person? I’ve received a bunch of documents and not sure whether I have to submit all of them. Below are the instructions received in the email:

Instructions to be followed:
Failure to follow the below protocol may lead to further delay in processing of your application.
1. Ensure there is only 1 packet per applicant & include the following in each of the package,
- SMS / Courier return form
- Consent form from all adult applicants(18 plus)
- Passport transmission letter for all applicants for whom service has been booked and paid for.
- Current and Valid passport for all applicants for whom service has been booked and paid for (Kindly do not submit old passports)

2. It is mandatory to submit all the above documents duly completed as required by the High Commission along with the Current Valid Passport.

3. Keep the envelope ready with all the documents mentioned above and hand it over to the Blue Dart courier executive. The airway bill number must be provided to the Blue Dart pick up staff on the date of pickup and write the below text on the envelope.
below doc should be in packet /person
1- Passport (current only)
2- PPR request letter Print
3- Consent form
4- SMS form

No in person name you DON'T need to mention bluedart, applicant name should be mentioned in consent form

Good Luck

payal8502

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Thanks a lot for all your responses. They were very helpful. Had a follow up question regarding the Consent Form. The last page of the form is related to biometrics. Do we need to fill it in this case? Or keep it blank since biometrics is already collected. Thanks in advance!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Any idea if the processing time for TRV is really 166 days or its a glitch ??
I thought it to be a glitch as it shows 29 days for a paper application though

Did you check with anyone who applied inland to see how the processing is coming along?

Cynicalmonk

May 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Thanks a lot for all your responses. They were very helpful. Had a follow up question regarding the Consent Form. The last page of the form is related to biometrics. Do we need to fill it in this case? Or keep it blank since biometrics is already collected. Thanks in advance!
Leave the 3rd and 4th page blank.

Reactions: payal8502