+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

procedure of fee and gic refund...????

abheysandhu

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the procedure of refunding the fees from college as my visa was rejected

sushilsrk

May 16, 2012
abheysandhu said:
What is the procedure of refunding the fees from college as my visa was rejected
drop a mail to college/university stating reason for the same and they will revert back.
Refer to FAQ manual for GIC refund

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abheysandhu said:

Assuming you do not wish to reapply. You needn't contact college regarding GIC. You need to scan and send refusal letter to Scotia;

http://www.scotiabank.com/startright/common/pdf/ssgp-application-guide.pdf

Refunds
Q. How can I get my money back if my Study Permit is refused or I withdraw from the institution?
A. Full redemption of the outstanding principal of your GIC cannot occur prior to the Maturity Date unless
you provide us with proof that:
I. your Study Permit has been declined. Please provide us with a copy of the “Refusal Letter”
issued by the Canadian High Commission; or
II. your application for admission to a Canadian educational institution has been declined; or
III. you have withdrawn from enrolment at the Canadian educational institution after your
arrival in Canada. Please provide us with a copy of the cancelled Study Permit from the
Canadian High Commission office in India.
Please note: upon receipt of proof of any of these events and confirmation from the Canadian High
Commission, we will redeem the outstanding principal plus, for GICs outstanding for more than thirty days,
any accumulated interest. The refund may take up to 8 weeks from the date the GIC Refund request is
received from the applicant.
In order to process your refund, Scotiabank Canada will require the following to be emailed in one (1)
single PDF file to newaccount@scotiabank.com:
 the 3 pages of your refusal letter as provided by the Canadian High Commission;
 the original TT Receipt;
 and the completed Refund Wire Transfer Form (found in the “How to request a refund”
tab of our website)
Note: the subject line of your email should state: Refund Request - IP number, passport
number and date of birth
Q. Are there any charges for the refund of my GIC?
A. Scotiabank will deduct the applicable administrative fees when completing the refund. The
intermediary banks may charge additional fees during the refund. The refund amount will be returned to
the student’s bank account at the bank where the original remittance was made.

You need to contact college for fee refund. You need to send them your refusal letter, they will deduct admin fee and refund the rest in 4 working weeks.

Cheers!

abheysandhu

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabby2612 said:
Assuming you do not wish to reapply. You needn't contact college regarding GIC. You need to scan and send refusal letter to Scotia;

http://www.scotiabank.com/startright/common/pdf/ssgp-application-guide.pdf

Refunds
Q. How can I get my money back if my Study Permit is refused or I withdraw from the institution?
A. Full redemption of the outstanding principal of your GIC cannot occur prior to the Maturity Date unless
you provide us with proof that:
I. your Study Permit has been declined. Please provide us with a copy of the “Refusal Letter”
issued by the Canadian High Commission; or
II. your application for admission to a Canadian educational institution has been declined; or
III. you have withdrawn from enrolment at the Canadian educational institution after your
arrival in Canada. Please provide us with a copy of the cancelled Study Permit from the
Canadian High Commission office in India.
Please note: upon receipt of proof of any of these events and confirmation from the Canadian High
Commission, we will redeem the outstanding principal plus, for GICs outstanding for more than thirty days,
any accumulated interest. The refund may take up to 8 weeks from the date the GIC Refund request is
received from the applicant.
In order to process your refund, Scotiabank Canada will require the following to be emailed in one (1)
single PDF file to newaccount @ scotiabank.com:
 the 3 pages of your refusal letter as provided by the Canadian High Commission;
 the original TT Receipt;
 and the completed Refund Wire Transfer Form (found in the “How to request a refund”
tab of our website)
Note: the subject line of your email should state: Refund Request - IP number, passport
number and date of birth
Q. Are there any charges for the refund of my GIC?
A. Scotiabank will deduct the applicable administrative fees when completing the refund. The
intermediary banks may charge additional fees during the refund. The refund amount will be returned to
the student's bank account at the bank where the original remittance was made.

You need to contact college for fee refund. You need to send them your refusal letter, they will deduct admin fee and refund the rest in 4 working weeks.

Cheers!
thanks sabby
what is TT RECIEPT..??