+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure for Police Clearance Certificate for Bangalore, India

rickysaldanha

Mar 20, 2018
Bangalore, India
I got a call from the Police Officer on 3rd March and in the afternoon the PV was completed.
Got an sms from PSK on 5th March that can collect the PCC from them. I collected PCC on 6th March.

In terms of PV he requested for Rental agreement copies as well.

tks,
tbn2k18
I get a message today, that I need to visit the police station with the documents and proofs. In addition they wanted 2 signed letters from neighbors confirming my address and duration of stay, and a passport size photo. This caught me off-guard, because I didn't find this in my endless research on this topic. Putting it here, for others to be prepared.

Sinrajat0112

Apr 12, 2018
I got my paper seva Kendra appointment at Sai Arcade, Bellandur on 6th April. The whole process took around 3 hours and since my passport was from Bengal, they asked for PCC. The file was sent to Bellandur police station the next day and got an appointment from them for Monday, 10th April. One important thing to keep in mind is that if you've moved around a lot, rental agreement alone is not going to be enough. The police officer asked for additional spring documents. Luckily, I had postpaid connection books from the past one year. Make sure that if you're taking a printout of the bill, you get it stamped and signed by Vodafone office. The policeman was helpful enough to give me directions to a Vodafone office theth kilometres away. I'm currently awaiting status update on the PCC.

SSheena Bansal

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi All,

I am staying in Bangalore for past 4 years. I was working for an IT company but just 4 months earlier I quit my job. I am from Punjab and I am currently staying at my friend's flat in Bangalore. I don't have office address to show and also I don't have a rental agreement to show for police verification.

Which documents will suffice in case I wish to have my police verification done in Bangalore itself?

amit.garg1988

Mar 16, 2019
Hi Friends,

I got my PCC today in a couple of hours from Bangalore, Outer Ring Road PSK.

Tips below,
- Create a login. http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp
- Fill the form online or save as xml and upload the xml and make the payment Rs 500 each (If you are applying for immigration along with your spouse or dependents)
- There is no Tatkal option online, but it could be possible at the PSK. Not sure on this part.
- Documents to Carry:
- - Original passport
- - Copy of address proof (if current address is not same as in passport. Instructions are available in the website)
- - Letter (Hand written / typed), addressed to the RPO, Bangalore stating the reason for the PCC. In our case Canada Immigration application.
- - Proof of the Canadian Immigration application. (I gave a copy of PER email.) For my spouse, gave PER email + Marriage certificate as the PER email has only the applicant name.
- I was issued 2 original letters of Police Clearance. The passport is also stamped with details that PCC was issued on 2nd Jan.

Hope this information helps a few.

Thanks
Vinodh
Hi Vinodh..Could you please tell me what is PER email? Is it the email which you get after creating EE profile or the one which you get after receiving ITA? I need to know If I can apply for Police certificate even before receiving ITA? Do passport office in Bangalore ask for ITA email as a Proof for canada immigration application?

Aryabhatt

Dec 12, 2018
Hi Vinodh..Could you please tell me what is PER email? Is it the email which you get after creating EE profile or the one which you get after receiving ITA? I need to know If I can apply for Police certificate even before receiving ITA? Do passport office in Bangalore ask for ITA email as a Proof for canada immigration application?
Hey, Did you get any clarification on this?