+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness

navy@navy

Aug 16, 2018
They mentioned fraudlent educational documents, but all my documents are genuine valid and can be proved

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Also does this affect the final decision for visa.
Yes, unless you are able to show that they are not fraudulent. If you are not able to do that, a five year ban for misrepresentation is likely.

Reactions: canuck78

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
In this case, if a person a wes approved credentials then what are the chances ?
It doesnt mean they rely on wes 100% if they have other information about the credentials. University/College in this case can prove directly to the IRCC that documents submitted are geniune.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
It doesnt mean they rely on wes 100% if they have other information about the credentials. University/College in this case can prove directly to the IRCC that documents submitted are geniune.
How can they not rely on WES evaluation when the Express Entry profile depends on it?

Reactions: Warda.akram

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
How can they not rely on WES evaluation when the Express Entry profile depends on it?
You may want to read again on what my point was. They do rely on wes to do FCA, but if the credentials are fraudulent and WES did not detect that and issued evaluation report, it doesnt make those credentials geniune in IRCC perspective provided IRCC has information those credentials are fake/fraudulent

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
You may want to read again on what my point was. They do rely on wes to do FCA, but if the credentials are fraudulent and WES did not detect that and issued evaluation report, it doesnt make those credentials geniune in IRCC perspective provided IRCC has information those credentials are fake/fraudulent
I doubt IRCC would have the capacity to verify educational credentials from the educational institutes outside Canada, they probably speculate based on their observation. They do verify GIC, college fees, IELTS, etc. though.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I doubt IRCC would have the capacity to verify educational credentials from the educational institutes outside Canada, they probably speculate based on their observation. They do verify GIC, college fees, IELTS, etc. though.
That would be understatement. Decision to Issue PFL is level above officer to make. IRCC has built database of Credentials from Institution outside of Canada. They knows the layout of Certificates, some yearly Serial Numbers, Headed letters and sample Letters Confirming Certification etc. In doubt, they can initiate communication directly to the Foreign institution and ask for the written confirmation. they do so from here or through Foreign Officers posted in Foreign Mission's respective Country. Below is sample JR Resolution after PFL was issued, which was challenged and allowed on presumption of clerical error and failure of the officer to provide extrinsic evidence prior to resolution. There are others....

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/58308/index.do?q=fake+credential

Last edited:

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
That would be understatement. Decision to Issue PFL is level above officer to make. IRCC has built database of Credentials from Institution outside of Canada. They knows the layout of Certificates, some yearly Serial Numbers, Headed letters and sample Letters Confirming Certification etc. In doubt, they can initiate communication directly to the Foreign institution and ask for the written confirmation. they do so from here or through Foreign Officers posted in Foreign Mission's respective Country. Below is sample JR Resolution after PFL was issued, which was challenged and allowed on presumption of clerical error and failure of the officer to provide extrinsic evidence prior to resolution. There are others....

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/58308/index.do?q=fake+credential
I just finished reading the arguments in the case you mentioned. It mentioned that the VO never enquired about the authenticity of the degree but the letter applicant provided to IRCC in support of the authenticity of his degree. VO's judgment was based on observation, a new style, and not evidence-based as I mentioned earlier.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I just finished reading the arguments in the case you mentioned. It mentioned that the VO never enquired about the authenticity of the degree but the letter applicant provided to IRCC in support of the authenticity of his degree. VO's judgment was based on observation, a new style, and not evidence-based as I mentioned earlier.
Yes, in this case applicant was not given fair opportunity to address fraudulent evidence but as i said, IRCC contact directly foreign instituion about the letter in suspicious. I’ll paste another JR where the degree was fake ( not my intention to prolong this discussion or prove my point but IRCC make direct contact to Foreign Education Institution to validate)

Because of concerns with respect to this letter, the officer then contacted the University directly, providing a copy of the letter of confirmation supplied by Mr. Zaib, and asking that the authenticity of the letter be verified. The officer was subsequently advised by the University that the letter was a fake.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Yes, in this case applicant was not given fair opportunity to address fraudulent evidence but as i said, IRCC contact directly foreign instituion about the letter in suspicious. I’ll paste another JR where the degree was fake ( not my intention to prolong this discussion or prove my point)

Because of concerns with respect to this letter, the officer then contacted the University directly, providing a copy of the letter of confirmation supplied by Mr. Zaib, and asking that the authenticity of the letter be verified. The officer was subsequently advised by the University that the letter was a fake.
And the university asked the VO to send a copy of the degree so that they can verify but the VO never did.

I am not trying to prolong the discussion or prove you wrong, but so far I have observed that VO's allegations are based on observation only and not based on evidence.