+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness Response

Ayes_Bos

Jan 28, 2023
Provide details on 2017 US enforcement action relating to Crime Involving Moral Turpitude which you did not declare on your application form

Above is reason for procedural fairness letter. Can any one guide me on a response? I don’t have funds for an attorney. I have seen messages stating PFL is the first step to refusal and could very well be so but I would at minimum want to respond with truth and conviction. Are there formats that kay be most effective?
Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Provide details on 2017 US enforcement action relating to Crime Involving Moral Turpitude which you did not declare on your application form

Above is reason for procedural fairness letter. Can any one guide me on a response? I don’t have funds for an attorney. I have seen messages stating PFL is the first step to refusal and could very well be so but I would at minimum want to respond with truth and conviction. Are there formats that kay be most effective?
Thanks.
A PFL is an intent to deny your application. You may also be facing a 5 year ban from Canada.

You need to be honest in your response, provide all of the details around the crime you failed to declare and the enforcement action, and also provide an explanation of why you failed to declare this in your application. You should also provide all of the documents related to your case (i.e. police reports, court documents, documents related to the enforcement action). This is a very big deal and misrepresentation. You may also be inadmissible to Canada depending on the details of the situation.

There are no standard formats or formats anyone can recommend. It's very individual and depends on the details of your case and the reason for the PFL.

Reactions: Ayes_Bos

Ayes_Bos

Jan 28, 2023
A PFL is an intent to deny your application. You may also be facing a 5 year ban from Canada.

You need to be honest in your response, provide all of the details around the crime you failed to declare and the enforcement action, and also provide an explanation of why you failed to declare this in your application. You should also provide all of the documents related to your case (i.e. police reports, court documents, documents related to the enforcement action). This is a very big deal and misrepresentation. You may also be inadmissible to Canada depending on the details of the situation.

There are no standard formats or formats anyone can recommend. It's very individual and depends on the details of your case and the reason for the PFL.

thank you for your response. Base on time which is only 15days I do not have time to provide all the documentary evidence. But to your point I have prepared myself for the worse case. Truth is not sure what is 2017 reinforcement as I have not been in the US but because I have legal issues I’m assuming the US did something to my records when they denied my visa. At this point I’m screwed. So I will respond fully and truthfully about my time in US with the all details and l leave it at that. Thanks again

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you for your response. Base on time which is only 15days I do not have time to provide all the documentary evidence. But to your point I have prepared myself for the worse case. Truth is not sure what is 2017 reinforcement as I have not been in the US but because I have legal issues I’m assuming the US did something to my records when they denied my visa. At this point I’m screwed. So I will respond fully and truthfully about my time in US with the all details and l leave it at that. Thanks again
Canada and US share information so any criminal records will also be shared.

Ayes_Bos

Jan 28, 2023
Thank you, I also hope for a favourable resolution for us very soon. Please keep me updated for any news.
Hi. Just got response. I was denied and found inadmissible 5 yrs. Letter states omission intentionally or unintentionally (Very broad brush). I’m just exhausted so I will think through next steps in the upcoming days.

• Sad
Reactions: vkamath

Tamaupogi

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Hi. Just got response. I was denied and found inadmissible 5 yrs. Letter states omission intentionally or unintentionally (Very broad brush). I’m just exhausted so I will think through next steps in the upcoming days.
Oh lord, I feel so sorry for you. It must be disheartening to go through this. I wish you find a way out of this problem. Thanks for updating!

Btw I am yet to hear back. I will keep you posted on my case.

Ayes_Bos

Jan 28, 2023
Oh lord, I feel so sorry for you. It must be disheartening to go through this. I wish you find a way out of this problem. Thanks for updating!

Btw I am yet to hear back. I will keep you posted on my case.
Thanks for your kind comment.

really hoping yours work out well and favorably.