+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness possible misrepresentation HELP URGENT!

Clogreen

Jan 11, 2018
Hello
My sister applied for visitor visa to canada in 2013 for me as i was 17 and a minor and due to some mistake she made it was denied but she immediately sent another application and i got the visa. She mentioned in the new application that i had been refused a visa for that reason.

Me being unaware and 18 then in 2014 applied for visit visa to canada and did not mention that i was denied visa and still got it.

And then in 2016 i applied for study permit and also didnt mention that i was denied visa and it progressed to stage that cic asked me to get medical. But i didnt get the medical and didnt further follow up anything on this application as for personal reasons i decided to not go.

Now in 2017 i applied for study permit and still being unaware of the refusal of visa in 2013 , received procedural fairness letter for misrepresentation regarding ever being denied visa.
I thought it was about the study permit and sent them the explanation that i decided not to go and didnt follow it up so i didnt know if it was rejected or denied
I gave a strong statement saying i was never denied visa for anywhere. The given 30 days of response have well passed and now i recently became aware of the refusal of 2013 visa.
Now were they asking about 2016 study permit? Or the refusal? And can i still reply to them? I dont want to get banned nor be refused. It feels like a tricky situation please help and advise in any way

Thanks

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello
My sister applied for visitor visa to canada in 2013 for me as i was 17 and a minor and due to some mistake she made it was denied but she immediately sent another application and i got the visa. She mentioned in the new application that i had been refused a visa for that reason.

Me being unaware and 18 then in 2014 applied for visit visa to canada and did not mention that i was denied visa and still got it.

And then in 2016 i applied for study permit and also didnt mention that i was denied visa and it progressed to stage that cic asked me to get medical. But i didnt get the medical and didnt further follow up anything on this application as for personal reasons i decided to not go.

Now in 2017 i applied for study permit and still being unaware of the refusal of visa in 2013 , received procedural fairness letter for misrepresentation regarding ever being denied visa.
I thought it was about the study permit and sent them the explanation that i decided not to go and didnt follow it up so i didnt know if it was rejected or denied
I gave a strong statement saying i was never denied visa for anywhere. The given 30 days of response have well passed and now i recently became aware of the refusal of 2013 visa.
Now were they asking about 2016 study permit? Or the refusal? And can i still reply to them? I dont want to get banned nor be refused. It feels like a tricky situation please help and advise in any way

Thanks
Okay on your 2017 study permit application, did you mention that your 2016 study permit was refused? Or you didn't mention it as well.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please don't create new user names and start new threads on the same subject. If you have further questions, please post them to your existing threads.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Is this related to the "are you for real?" thread, I think it got deleted.

Clogreen

Jan 11, 2018
No i didnt mention about the study permit in my 2017 application. I just didnt follow it up after i receieved the call for medical so i didnt think too much of it and forgot to even mention it on the application.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
As was said in the last post you created, it is probably too late for you to influence their decision, as they did send a fairness letter. If you do decide to contact them again, it may help, but it may make matters worse. Let's hope its just a refusal and you can apply for another permit with the correct information this time.

Clogreen

Jan 11, 2018
As was said in the last post you created, it is probably too late for you to influence their decision, as they did send a fairness letter. If you do decide to contact them again, it may help, but it may make matters worse. Let's hope its just a refusal and you can apply for another permit with the correct information this time.
But i was a minor, maybe i can explain the situation

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
At the end of the day it is your decision whether you try to explain or not. Personally I have my doubts if it will make any difference. It may be the difference between just getting refused (you will get refused) and getting banned for 5 years. But, it might aggravate the situation as well. Nobody here knows what they will do 100%. CIC just looks at it as misrepresentation. Doesn't matter if you were a minor and it was a mistake or not. They are looking at it as you didn't put the correct information in the application and when they gave you the chance to declare it, you didn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
But i was a minor, maybe i can explain the situation
So you didn't mention 2 previous visa refusal? One refusal for visitor visa in 2013 and one refusal for study permit in 2016. No wonder CIC sent you a procedural fairness letter. You are pretty much stuck at this point and wait for the decision from CIC.

Clogreen

Jan 11, 2018
So you didn't mention 2 previous visa refusal? One refusal for visitor visa in 2013 and one refusal for study permit in 2016. No wonder CIC sent you a procedural fairness letter. You are pretty much stuck at this point and wait for the decision from CIC.
Do you think there is a chance that they are only concerned with the study permit in 2016 and not the visitor visa 2013? As i had applied twice before and they overlooked the 2013 visa twice

Clogreen

Jan 11, 2018
At the end of the day it is your decision whether you try to explain or not. Personally I have my doubts if it will make any difference. It may be the difference between just getting refused (you will get refused) and getting banned for 5 years. But, it might aggravate the situation as well. Nobody here knows what they will do 100%. CIC just looks at it as misrepresentation. Doesn't matter if you were a minor and it was a mistake or not. They are looking at it as you didn't put the correct information in the application and when they gave you the chance to declare it, you didn't.
Do you think there is a chance that they are only concerned with the study permit in 2016 and not the visitor visa 2013? As i had applied for visitor visa in 2014 and the study permit in 2016 before and they overlooked the 2013 visa twice.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The only way to know for sure (without waiting for the response to the fairness letter) would be to apply for the GCMS notes and find out what the VO has documented as the concerns. Anything else at this point is guessing. IRCC can and will go back and hold applicants accountable for past misrepresentations, even if they have been missed or overlooked before. There doesn’t seem to be any limitations on what they can and can’t use regarding misrepresentation.

K

krowais_1

The only way to know for sure (without waiting for the response to the fairness letter) would be to apply for the GCMS notes and find out what the VO has documented as the concerns. Anything else at this point is guessing. IRCC can and will go back and hold applicants accountable for past misrepresentations, even if they have been missed or overlooked before. There doesn’t seem to be any limitations on what they can and can’t use regarding misrepresentation.
so how do u apply for GCMS notes?