+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter

Sedolf

May 22, 2018
Hello,
I submitted a complete application package to the High Commissioner.
I was emailed a procedural fairness letter stating my bank statement has determined to be fraudulent.
The bank statement which I sent is genuine.
I have been given 7 days to respond, please I’m just 18 years old, How do I go about this.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello,
I submitted a complete application package to the High Commissioner.
I was emailed a procedural fairness letter stating my bank statement has determined to be fraudulent.
The bank statement which I sent is genuine.
I have been given 7 days to respond, please I’m just 18 years old, How do I go about this.
This is a serious matter. IRCC has started the process to ban you for 5-years for misrepresentation.

You can be sure that the visa office had investigated the bank statement before determining it to be fraudulent. Nonetheless, you are being given an opportunity to prove that it is a genuine document.

As you are just 18 years, is this bank statement for an account that you have? Or someone else gave you this bank statement?

Either way, you must meet the bank authorities with the statement that you submitted to verify if the transactions and bank balance match with the one in their records. You will need to submit a letter - issued on bank stationery with their seal - from the bank authorities certifying that the bank statement issued to you is true and correct in every way.

I recommend you engage the services of an immigration lawyer and don't attempt a DIY

Singh_299652

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
How they determine it to be fraudulent, they checked with bank. You submitted stamped statement or what ?
OR visa officers just dismiss the statement by just looking at it, since it's something they do all day and finding a fake if nothing new for them.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
How they determine it to be fraudulent, they checked with bank. You submitted stamped statement or what ?
OR visa officers just dismiss the statement by just looking at it, since it's something they do all day and finding a fake if nothing new for them.
Forged and fraudulent documents is a serious charge to make. It won't be just on visual observations. The visa office has checked with the bank before issuing a Procedural Fairness letter

Reactions: Singh_299652

Singh_299652

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Obviously issuing visa is not a charity. Someday soon law will come that if any Fraudulent documents are found then applicant will be banned for entering every Tier 1 country/Union of countries, for said period not just one he/she applied for.
Moreover, Immigration Deptt often give whole batch of data to bank to verify once a while, which may include thousands of applicants and it may happen months after your visa was approved. Many study visa got cancelled and students are deported coz after some months some of their documents comes out fraudulent, just imagine embarrassment one has to suffer that time.
So better not to apply if one don't have documents, and work to make profile stronger and apply a year after.

Sedolf

May 22, 2018
Besides, it is my Uncle who is sponsoring my education in Canada. HE used his bank account to issue me a bank statement.
I submitted a statement with no stamp on it. I have replied with an explanation and a letter from the bank manager stating everything about the statement and their seal on it.
I hope it is enough.

it was also stated in their procedural fairness letter that, if maybe it is fraudulent then I would face that ban they stated from their constitution.

Mehaleo

May 5, 2023
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Besides, it is my Uncle who is sponsoring my education in Canada. HE used his bank account to issue me a bank statement.
I submitted a statement with no stamp on it. I have replied with an explanation and a letter from the bank manager stating everything about the statement and their seal on it.
I hope it is enough.

it was also stated in their procedural fairness letter that, if maybe it is fraudulent then I would face that ban they stated from their constitution.
Any updates about your procedural fairness letter ?
I have faced a same problem as yours