+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter / PFL

Tamaupogi

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Following this thread and it seems Canada visa office gave you such a hard time. I hope things work out for you.
Thanks a lot for your kind words. It has been very frustrating months recently and I wake up every day to be disappointed at no answer. The uniqueness of my case only makes matters worse as it leads to more uncertainty. Will keep everyone updated.

Tamaupogi

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Thank you @scylla, thanks everyone who were concerned about my case, TODAY I have received an update, they are requesting me for the following documents:
-IMM 5257
-IMM 5707
-Updated proof of funds
Apparently the whole misrepresentation issue has been cleared favourably (or it seems) and they are asking me for these documents "...to continue the processing of your application". My SP and eTA are still inactive but should be reinstated after they review these forms (10 days to submit). Will bring news when this happens.

Tamaupogi

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Hello @scylla I need your help again. As a recap, I received a PFL, ordered the GCMS notes, found out that my application was not in progress and now I got ADR in mid June for an IMM 5257 (Schedule 1 - Application for a TRV outside Canada), an IMM 5707 (Family information form) and updated proof of funds. However, I am still waiting for an answer after nearly two months since then.

Do you know if being asked for those forms is a good or bad sign? I found out they rarely ask for these. According to the tracker, Additional Docs started being reviewed in June 20 and background check changed to "In progress" in June 22. Thanks!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello @scylla I need your help again. As a recap, I received a PFL, ordered the GCMS notes, found out that my application was not in progress and now I got ADR in mid June for an IMM 5257 (Schedule 1 - Application for a TRV outside Canada), an IMM 5707 (Family information form) and updated proof of funds. However, I am still waiting for an answer after nearly two months since then.

Do you know if being asked for those forms is a good or bad sign? I found out they rarely ask for these. According to the tracker, Additional Docs started being reviewed in June 20 and background check changed to "In progress" in June 22. Thanks!!!
I don't know. Sorry.

Reactions: Tamaupogi

Mosule

Aug 6, 2023
Hello ,
Please I need help,how do I lift a 5 years ban of misrepresentation? I gave an unprofessional agent my application for a study permit and that of my husband a work permit,he requested for our bank statement which we gave him but I think he altered it ..note this is without our knowledge although I have read the immigration officer holds us responsible for any documents submitted.please is there a possibility to appeal because the pfl he submitted wasn't sufficient enough,he only submitted an updated account statement without a proper explanation and also he dint show any of this to us ..we are still unaware of all that he submitted because he's not releasing our login information.pls what can I do ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello ,
Please I need help,how do I lift a 5 years ban of misrepresentation? I gave an unprofessional agent my application for a study permit and that of my husband a work permit,he requested for our bank statement which we gave him but I think he altered it ..note this is without our knowledge although I have read the immigration officer holds us responsible for any documents submitted.please is there a possibility to appeal because the pfl he submitted wasn't sufficient enough,he only submitted an updated account statement without a proper explanation and also he dint show any of this to us ..we are still unaware of all that he submitted because he's not releasing our login information.pls what can I do ?
If you want to try to lift a ban, you need to hire an immigration lawyer in Canada to take your case forward. There is absolutely no guarantee that the ban will be reversed. Even if an agent represented you, IRCC still holds you responsible for the information included in your application. However you can certainly try to appeal the decision with the help of a lawyer.

CEC-lolo

Oct 19, 2015
Hello again scylla, I now ordered the GCMS and will later order the US records, but I forgot to ask you something else. Do you know how other PFL users were notified of approval when they were already approved before (my study permit was issued on August 2022 and PFL was January 2023)? I have seen other PFL successes who got PPR or BVL when they convinced the officer, but
they received the PFL before ever being approved.
How do you order US records - can you please share?
Any news on your case?

CEC-lolo

Oct 19, 2015
Hello again scylla, I now ordered the GCMS and will later order the US records, but I forgot to ask you something else. Do you know how other PFL users were notified of approval when they were already approved before (my study permit was issued on August 2022 and PFL was January 2023)? I have seen other PFL successes who got PPR or BVL when they convinced the officer, but they received the PFL before ever being approved.
How do you order US files? Any news on your case?

CEC-lolo

Oct 19, 2015
Hello again scylla, I now ordered the GCMS and will later order the US records, but I forgot to ask you something else. Do you know how other PFL users were notified of approval when they were already approved before (my study permit was issued on August 2022 and PFL was January 2023)? I have seen other PFL successes who got PPR or BVL when they convinced the officer, but they received the PFL before ever being approved.
How do you order US records ? Any news on your case?