+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness for 2173 vs 2174

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
Not yet, they said they've added my response to the file. However, it is mentioned in the rules of IRCC that they cannot send an acceptance or refusal before the end date of deadline given in the procedural fairness letter.
Thanks for the update.

May I know which option did you go with?
It seems that this kind of mistake, assuming you go with option 1 which is to admit the clerical mistake, is minor and won't lead to a rejection.

Besides, how long time the procedural fairness letter gave?

umerkha2007

Apr 12, 2022
Thanks for the update.

May I know which option did you go with?
It seems that this kind of mistake, assuming you go with option 1 which is to admit the clerical mistake, is minor and won't lead to a rejection.

Besides, how long time the procedural fairness letter gave?
I actually went with both options. So I wrote the letter like this:

In this regard, the following clarification is submitted:
a. I had selected 2174 as the primary occupation. I recognize that I made an honest clerical mistake selecting the main NOC code in the Express Entry profile, and that I should have chosen NOC 2173 instead of NOC 2174, as it is more representative of my job duties that I performed.
b. Regarding Experience 1, the company had since shut down so I am unable to provide more evidence.
c. Regarding Experience 2, I had selected 2174 as the occupation. I submit that it was a clerical mistake. So please consider it as NOC 2173.
d. Regarding Experience 3, after carefully reviewing the NOC description of 2174, I would like to say that even though the job title was “Software Engineer”, my job duties were more inclined towards NOC 2174 as it involved writing code for multiple applications, modifying it, integrating it and testing it, as mentioned in my experience letter.

Based on the above lead statements, I would like to clarify that although I did make clerical mistakes in choosing the wrong NOC Code, both these NOCs are highly intertwined and overlap in lead statement as well as in job duties.
In view of the clarification provided above, I request that my application be rectified and received considering the following:
1. I would like to update my Primary NOC Code to 2173 instead of NOC Code 2174
2. Update my experience with Experience 3 To NOC Code 2174.
So right now, the ball's in their court. I've basically requested them for two options. If they decide not to change my primary NOC, they can atleast update my NOC of one of the experiences. That would also enable me to complete my 1 year continuous work experience.

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019

So right now, the ball's in their court. I've basically requested them for two options. If they decide not to change my primary NOC, they can atleast update my NOC of one of the experiences. That would also enable me to complete my 1 year continuous work experience.

Thanks so much! That is super helpful!

Reactions: umerkha2007
Apr 3, 2023
Hi there,
I have an express entry profile with Primary Occupation 2174. I had to prove only one year continuous work experience.
Experience 1: 2173 (2 years)-> Visa officer says this experience is valid but not in your primary occupation
Experience 2: 2174 (4 months) -> Visa officer accepts
Experience 3: 2173 (6 months) -> Visa officer accepts but not in primary occupation
Experience 4: 2174 (6 months) -> Visa officer accepts

Now the issue is that the because of these interchanging experiences 1 year contnuous in 2174 isnt there.

So the Visa Officer sent me a Procedural Fairness letter stating to clarify my experience in my primary occupational NOC.

Options lawyer gave me:
1. Say you made a clerical mistake by chosing wrong NOC code and that your primary NOC code should be 2173
2. Say that the job duties for the Experience 3 match 2174 instead of 2173.

What do you guys think I should send as a reply?
Hi any update on this