+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problems with work permit and public health service Quebec

andrea19

Oct 30, 2017
Are there some news about it? Something changed?
I'm in the same situation: I have a study permit and my common-law partner has an OWP.
Is there a way to get RAMQ coverage? Is the owp visa someway different if it's dependent by a study permit instead of a work one?
Tomorrow I'll call the RAMQ to check the eligibility, to be sure there isn't another way.

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
So Andrea, did Ramq confirm what everyone on this thread has been suspecting or were you able to get ramq to cover your partner. Please respond.
Thanks

andrea19

Oct 30, 2017
So Andrea, did Ramq confirm what everyone on this thread has been suspecting or were you able to get ramq to cover your partner. Please respond.
Thanks
I called the RAMQ and they told me that for this kind of visa is impossible to get the cover. As suspected it's due to the absence of the employer name on the visa itself. The only ways to have the RAMQ at this point is to apply for the PR when the requirements will be satisfied or to change the owp with a "closed" work permit but I don't know if the latter is worth the risk. If you have other strategies let me know, please. Thanks