+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problems with residence requirements

wsId

Dec 4, 2018
Hello to all,
I would need an advice.

I am an a dual citizen wanting to apply for IEC. I already obtained the working holiday with one nationality, now applying with the second - Croatia which currently has no residency requirements.

When I do the questionnaire/wizard "am i eligible" and when I enter my details as

Passport Cro
Current residence Italy
Country of Permanent residence Italy

Says I am not eligible for IEC

In my second attempt trying the wizard.

Passport Cro
Current residence Italy
Country of Permanent residence Cro

Says I am eligible to come to Canada.

This is extremely confusing as it states no residency requirements.

Can anyone please advise what should I do next ?

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello to all,
I would need an advice.

I am an a dual citizen wanting to apply for IEC. I already obtained the working holiday with one nationality, now applying with the second - Croatia which currently has no residency requirements.

When I do the questionnaire/wizard "am i eligible" and when I enter my details as

Passport Cro
Current residence Italy
Country of Permanent residence Italy

Says I am not eligible for IEC

In my second attempt trying the wizard.

Passport Cro
Current residence Italy
Country of Permanent residence Cro

Says I am eligible to come to Canada.

This is extremely confusing as it states no residency requirements.

Can anyone please advise what should I do next ?

Thank you.
There was a residency requirement for Croatians under the 2018 program. Maybe they haven't updated the wizard yet?

wsId

Dec 4, 2018
There was a residency requirement for Croatians under the 2018 program. Maybe they haven't updated the wizard yet?
Hello Scylla,
thank you for your answer. May I ask you where have you found the information that Croatians under the 2018 program had the residency requirement?
All I found so far is this page:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/international-experience/canadian-interests-reciprocal-employment-international-experience-canada-bilateral-agreements-arrangements.html
It's been the same for months, and under residence requirements doesn't say that there are some restrictions.
Am I reading it wrong? Should I search somewhere else?

Thank you for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Scylla,
thank you for your answer. May I ask you where have you found the information that Croatians under the 2018 program had the residency requirement?
All I found so far is this page:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/international-experience/canadian-interests-reciprocal-employment-international-experience-canada-bilateral-agreements-arrangements.html
It's been the same for months, and under residence requirements doesn't say that there are some restrictions.
Am I reading it wrong? Should I search somewhere else?

Thank you for your help.
There used to be an IRCC site that showed IEC requirements in a table format but it's no longer live. This is where the residency requirement was clearly listed. Also, we had one member of the forum who was refused the IEC visa last year for not living in Croatia at the time they applied for an IEC. He had to move back to Croatia and reapply. However that rule no longer appears to be listed anywhere - so I'm assuming it's gone.

wsId

Dec 4, 2018
There used to be an IRCC site that showed IEC requirements in a table format but it's no longer live. This is where the residency requirement was clearly listed. Also, we had one member of the forum who was refused the IEC visa last year for not living in Croatia at the time they applied for an IEC. He had to move back to Croatia and reapply. However that rule no longer appears to be listed anywhere - so I'm assuming it's gone.
If it can be of any help for somebody else, the reason IRCC gave is that they have an "ongoing technical problem" . Just got this information from another person who got his response from them (I'm still waiting mine).
Thank you a lot.