+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problems with Employer Portal!!! Help!!!

KPCanada

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi, I am trying to apply for a LMIA excempt work permit extension and my employer needs to go through the employer portal to complete the offer of employment form. We've been trying for days and we're experiencing trouble with the tool. Constant errors and the correct form is not available. It's not a computer issue on our end, it's on the government's end. Does anyone have any experience with this? Please help!!!!! Without the Form submitted through the Portal I won't be able to apply for my extension and it seems silly that everything seems at risk now because of a Computer issue!!!!

aryaban

Star Member
Dec 30, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-02-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
IELTS Request
upfront on 08-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
31-12-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
Same issue here. Been so for entire past month, none of our applications for net new or extensions could be filed in Nov. Glad to see we have company though.

Anybody got the same issue, or knows how to fix - please help!

KPCanada

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Yes, please help!!!!!!!

I am working with an Immigration Counsellor and she said she can't help. My employer spent hours on the phone with CIC and they just pretend that there are nicht issues. I talked to an Immigration lawyer and he Said they had a lot of problems with it but feel comfortable with or now. The lawyer can't help unless we hire him as rep, which is way too $$$

I read that the whole procedure is laid out in a way that you don't need to hire an Immigration lawyer or counsellor to apply but the real life scenario is way different.

I really don't know what to do at this point, same for my employer.

KPCanada

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
aryaban said:
Same issue here. Been so for entire past month, none of our applications for net new or extensions could be filed in Nov. Glad to see we have company though.

Anybody got the same issue, or knows how to fix - please help!

What kind of problems are you experiencing exactly?

aryaban

Star Member
Dec 30, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-02-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
IELTS Request
upfront on 08-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
31-12-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
same details. first our immigration guys couldn't log in as secondary, but after that was resolved and they could log in and get a #, they now are able to just login but not enter applications for any individual - which would then give a Offer of Employment # to go in the new IMM 1295.

Are there any other companies facing the challenges? I learnt some big firms have it but are not reporting it for save face.

Please advise a resolution if you have one, or any! Thanks!

KPCanada

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
aryaban said:
same details. first our immigration guys couldn't log in as secondary, but after that was resolved and they could log in and get a #, they now are able to just login but not enter applications for any individual - which would then give a Offer of Employment # to go in the new IMM 1295.

Are there any other companies facing the challenges? I learnt some big firms have it but are not reporting it for save face.

Please advise a resolution if you have one, or any! Thanks!

For us the struggle is that the offer of employment form is nowhere to be found. It's just not in there. You can look for it and then the portal usually comes up with errors. CIC responds that there are no problems with it. We're using an existing login but I wonder if it was supposed to be set up in a way that you have to sign up for it entirely new and all over again. What's your next step if you keep experiencing problems? I won't be able to apply for my work permit extension and it seems ridiculous that it's just because of a missing number, everything else is in order

lakshmanan

Jan 9, 2013
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-06-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
HI am an LMIA exempt applicant, even my employer is facing the same problem, for the last one month and don't have any solution for it, when i called the CIC they are telling to report through webmaster after logging into the portal. My permit is expiring next month start. do you guys find any solution please do tell me. so that i can use it for my case.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lakshmanan said:
HI am an LMIA exempt applicant, even my employer is facing the same problem, for the last one month and don't have any solution for it, when i called the CIC they are telling to report through webmaster after logging into the portal. My permit is expiring next month start. do you guys find any solution please do tell me. so that i can use it for my case.

Thanks
This what CIC is saying : Employers who cannot use the Portal due to a disability, or in emergency situations (e.g. C13) where the Employer Portal is unavailable, may contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to obtain a current copy of the IMM5802 form and will be permitted to use the previous e-mail submission method.

KPCanada

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
lakshmanan said:

Thanks

I'm in exactly the same situation and we'd be thankful for any kind of advice.

KPCanada

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

This what CIC is saying : Employers who cannot use the Portal due to a disability, or in emergency situations (e.g. C13) where the Employer Portal is unavailable, may contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to obtain a current copy of the IMM5802 form and will be permitted to use the previous e-mail submission method.

Thank you for that!!!! Where did you find the information?

aaqq77

Dec 3, 2015
Hi
Can you kindly provide the source for this?
Is it in any communique ?
Many thanks / I am quite nervous because the last date for me is Dec 19 to extend my work permit and my employer is saying that there are issues with the employer portal.
I will be grateful

Regards

aryaban

Star Member
Dec 30, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-02-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
IELTS Request
upfront on 08-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
31-12-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
My HR spoke to an agent this morning who confirmed with her supervisor that the only method of submission is the employer portal, which she acknowledged is unavailable.

The Employer portal is down since this morning EST in case you haven't checked yet, hoping they're working to bring that back up.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/employer-portal.asp

carmine

Nov 16, 2015
aryaban said:
My HR spoke to an agent this morning who confirmed with her supervisor that the only method of submission is the employer portal, which she acknowledged is unavailable.

The Employer portal is down since this morning EST in case you haven't checked yet, hoping they're working to bring that back up.

actually its been down sense 12/7/15 at 1130 am here in alberta

lakshmanan

Jan 9, 2013
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-06-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Actually the Portal is having problems from last month till date .Now the Portal is completely down from yesterday