+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problems validating IMM5257

coljung

Feb 29, 2016
Hi,

Im hoping to apply for a TRV for my mother and i want to do the application online.

I have the main form ready, IMM5257, but im having trouble with the validation.

It validates fine, i even get the message:

'Validation completed successfully.

Please print the entire application and sign and date the last page. This page contains bar codes that facilitates data entry of your applicaton.

If you are applying online, you do not need to sign your application form by hand. You will be asked to provide an electronic signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC.'

Problem is that if i check the last page, the bar codes are not showing up. The last page was indeed created, but where i assume the bar codes would show up, there is nothing but blank spaces. I'm baffled as to how to proceed as i've tried to save the same document several times and i keep getting the same result.

It might be an issue with the software, im using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, version 2015.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

CanCanCit

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check to see if javascript settings are enabled in adobe for the barcodes to work.
For more info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=767&top=23

coljung

Feb 29, 2016
Hmmm with my current computer ( work one ), i just checked and javascript was in fact enabled on my Adobe Reader. I will try at home validating the form on another machine.

Reactions: ZDJ

Susu1234

Apr 5, 2019
Hmmm with my current computer ( work one ), i just checked and javascript was in fact enabled on my Adobe Reader. I will try at home validating the form on another machine.

Do you find fix that issue ? Becouse me also i have this problem.
And i search solution this issue
Some one help me ?!.

Reactions: ZDJ

ZDJ

Oct 22, 2019
Hi guys. How did you end up fixing this issue? I have the same problem generating barcode on form imm5257b (Personal history). Thanks. Please help me! I'm running out of time!!!

Raghav54321

Jan 26, 2021
Require urgent help! I am trying to fill forms for my work permit but having an issue with a form.

Please can anybody let me know that after validating form imm5257b should it automatically add a barcode page?
I am asking this because in form imm1294 after validation a barcode is displayed. But in imm5257b no barcode page displayed.

WydRare

Nov 16, 2021
Hi,

Im hoping to apply for a TRV for my mother and i want to do the application online.

I have the main form ready, IMM5257, but im having trouble with the validation.

It validates fine, i even get the message:

'Validation completed successfully.

Please print the entire application and sign and date the last page. This page contains bar codes that facilitates data entry of your applicaton.

If you are applying online, you do not need to sign your application form by hand. You will be asked to provide an electronic signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC.'

Problem is that if i check the last page, the bar codes are not showing up. The last page was indeed created, but where i assume the bar codes would show up, there is nothing but blank spaces. I'm baffled as to how to proceed as i've tried to save the same document several times and i keep getting the same result.

It might be an issue with the software, im using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, version 2015.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

go to settings and turn off javascript it worked for me.

lyates1

Nov 28, 2021
Does anyone have a fix for the above??

I've got the same problem and I've tried everything. Using an old version of Adobe Reader, using a new version. Using Adobe Acrobat DC.Having Java enabled, having it disabled, deleting all the software, reinstalling it. Tried on both MAC and Windows and cannot get barcodes to appear! The form validates and says 'Validation successful' but the barcode section is blank. Can anyone advise on how they fixed their issue?

Evens1992

Nov 11, 2022
Bonjour...j'ai Valide Mon document imm5257, Le problème est que si je procède à la dernière page, les codes à barres ne s'affichent pas. La dernière page a bien été créée, mais là où je suppose que les codes à barres apparaissent, il n'y a que des espaces vides. Je ne sais pas comment procéder car j'ai essayé de sauvegarder le même document plusieurs fois et j'obtiens toujours le même résultat.

Il peut s'agir d'un problème avec le logiciel, j'utilise Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, version 2015.

Des idées ou des suggestions ?

Merci d'avance