File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
For anyone with August/September AORs who has had difficulty linking their application, I think I figured out the new "trick".

When researching linking issues on this forum, the majority of advice tells you to enter only a space for city of birth and otherwise leave it blank, and simultaneously, not to enter any passport information. Sometime over the past month or two, IRCC adjusted the form so that it no longer permits you to put a blank space for the city of birth. You can only leave it blank if you enter passport information, or vice versa (you can leave passport info blank only if you enter in a city and country of birth). I was getting very frustrated not being able to link my application, and also not being able to follow the majority of the linking tips/instructions I was finding.

I successfully linked my account yesterday, after 3 days of trying and failing so many different combinations. After sharing this method with a couple of other people who were also having issues, it worked for both of them, as well. This leads me to believe that this new method is probably the way to go if you are having problems.

- Choose the "family name and application number" option
- Leave the birth city and birth country BLANK
- Enter in all passport information
- For number of applicants/family members, enter "2" (for sponsor and principal applicant, adjust this number to add children if you have them)

Let me know if this works for any of you who haven't been able to link!

Reactions: Tijan