+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problems in Canada with Spouse

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Hello,

I just settled a couple of weeks ago and my Common-Law Partner has been stressed about the move here. She is Canadian and we have been butting heads like crazy. We live with her Parents and after so much arguments she is kicking me out of the house. I have no place to go, I know no one here and worse off I have very little money and have no job. I'm scared, because I don't even have money to go back...I actually nothing to go back to.

I'm not a bad guy and she is not a bad person, but for some reason this move has caused so much tension.

Can someone please advise?

Thank you,

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
"Sigh".. How can people be so cruel??. what is your current status in Canada?. Do you have your PR yet?
If so what about jobs?. where do you live?.

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
robertbola said:
Hello,

I just settled a couple of weeks ago and my Common-Law Partner has been stressed about the move here. She is Canadian and we have been butting heads like crazy. We live with her Parents and after so much arguments she is kicking me out of the house. I have no place to go, I know no one here and worse off I have very little money and have no job. I'm scared, because I don't even have money to go back...I actually nothing to go back to.

I'm not a bad guy and she is not a bad person, but for some reason this move has caused so much tension.

Can someone please advise?

Thank you,
How awful - moving countries can be incredibly stressful but taking it out on one's partner is not the answer. Sounds like the first thing the two of you need to do is take a short time to cool off and calm down, then talk, talk and talk some more. Without anyone's parents involved!

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
I live in Victoria, BC. It's so difficult, because I have been through hell for the past couple of weeks. It's always anger being take out on me. It's always seems that you been living here for free- you don't pay for anything. It's funny because for three years she lived with me for free...I paid for everything school, rents, cell phones and trips and so much more. I paid so much money for her school and all her expensive books and yet I no right to do anything. People change so quickly when they bring you in their country and live you screwed.

Talking is no longer an option- it's a done deal. I'm in the basement looking for options so decided to come here to see if you guys had any clue.

Thanks for your support.

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
robertbola said:
I live in Victoria, BC. It's so difficult, because I have been through hell for the past couple of weeks. It's always anger being take out on me. It's always seems that you been living here for free- you don't pay for anything. It's funny because for three years she lived with me for free...I paid for everything school, rents, cell phones and trips and so much more. I paid so much money for her school and all her expensive books and yet I no right to do anything. People change so quickly when they bring you in their country and live you screwed.

Talking is no longer an option- it's a done deal. I'm in the basement looking for options so decided to come here to see if you guys had any clue.

Thanks for your support.
I'm very sorry to hear that. Do you want to stay in Canada or return to your previous home country?

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
I have worked very hard to come here and honestly I don't I should give my partner the satisfaction of seeing me leave. I believe that I would like to stay even if I have to struggle a bit. I can overcome anything- so to answer your question- I don't want to leave. I have nothing to return to...nothing at all.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Have you landed as a PR? If so, it is the law that she has to support you for three years. If she is kicking you out and you have to go on welfare, she has to pay the federal government back.

If it were me, I would get a job asap.. any job and save up to leave ASAP. If she gives you any lip about supporting you, point out that as part of the sponsorship agreement, she agreed to totally support you for three years. This includes food, shelter, money, and medical costs not covered by the government.

I'm not one for screwing people over, but it isn't fair to ask you to leave your country and then abandon you.

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
I am very sorry to hear that,

Man set and think good, If she is not bad person, and you seems good too, wait littile bit and talk to her, see what is the problem try to solve it.

there many organization would help you guys, make arrangment with them to see if you can.
find Job, find job, find job, see where is your people (your culture ) are, and tell them you looking for job, do not go to Walfer I advice you it is not good. for your future.

Do not be sorry, sometimes life surprise you, but keep trying , and have good luck

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
robertbola said:

Thanks for your support.
hey :).. I live in Victoria as well :). Unfortunately i dont know of any resources here that may help you immediately but i know the island is wayy expensive than living on the mainland. Can you work?. What is your immigration status here?. And i agree that if she did sponsor you to come here she is legally obligated to support you.
If talking doesnt work maybe time away will ?.REelationships are hard and this immigration process can do more harm than good to a relationship!
If you can work i suggest looking for employment. I can get a link to employment agencies in victoria and go from there?. UI also know that the YMCA inm Victoria offers really cheap accomodation for next to nothing. Maybe something or someplace to go until you get established?.

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
You need to tell us your immigration status.

Canada is a wonderful place, and like all places, is fill of wonderful people. I'm sure you'll meet someone else and fall in love, and have it work out for you. If you've gotten PR, find a job and an apartment.

If you haven't, she needs to gain some integrity and live up to her word/obligation. I'm so sorry for all the stress you're under... I can't imagine how hard it must be! Good luck to you, I wish you all the best!

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Thank you, I have my PR and have had my card for a while as well. I landed last October and just settled here in Canada recently. I am looking for work and we have talked and we are going to work a little bit and see how things go- so we will take it one day at a time and see what happens.

Thank you all for your help and support- everyone here is all great.

Thanks and all the best.