+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problematic field PR application personal activities

gc100

Feb 26, 2020
Hi my personal activities section is coming up with the error below.

The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
Validation error: You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Please make corrections where indicated.

• Error Description: Problematic field:personal activities: You must provide at least 10 continuous years of history, or all time since this person's 18th birthday, to the present.
I have deleted quite a view things but it is still not accepting it. There aren't any gaps but I have had 2 jobs at the same time at different periods of the 10 years and I have also volunteered for a range of different charity organisations when working. I'm not sure if some of the dates are affecting it as they are overlapping. Not completely sure what to do because I can't submit the application if it won't accept the information. Do I need to include everything if it is in the holiday/employment section?
Hi - could you please let me know how you fixed this? I have been having the same issues and also tried to cancel my history, cache, use another broswer etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!

serakino

Sep 9, 2020
Hi - could you please let me know how you fixed this? I have been having the same issues and also tried to cancel my history, cache, use another broswer etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!
did you figure out how to fix this? I am having the same issue as well...

gc100

Feb 26, 2020
did you figure out how to fix this? I am having the same issue as well...
Yes, I did. It was actually my mistake as if you put you belonged to an organisation that doesn’t count towards the 10 years so I had a 5 month gap that the system would recognise. Lesson learnt... read the fine print :confused:

Kbhatia@1

Aug 20, 2018
Dear All,

I have to add 11th and 12th standard to complete my 10 years of history. It is an educational activity, but is it less than secondary (high school) or secondary (high school graduation) ?

dharmj

Dec 7, 2017
Montreal
I am currently filling the Personal activity in EE. It automatically took the education history which is older than 10 years. Now I am confused if I should delete this education history or leave it in there
Hi,

Let me know what did do with this. I am also in the same situation.

sprasad25

Oct 15, 2020
Yes, I did. It was actually my mistake as if you put you belonged to an organisation that doesn’t count towards the 10 years so I had a 5 month gap that the system would recognise. Lesson learnt... read the fine print :confused:
Hi, What exactly do you mean by "belonged to an organisation that doesn’t count towards the 10 years ". I am also facing a same issue.. What changes did you make to the Personal history?

Joe110

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Add "Unemployed" period with explanation.
Hi,

Following up on the above response, is it okay and acceptable if we select 'Unemployed' & as a reason mention 'Looking for job opportunities' ? If yes, will we be asked for any proof or documentation for that ? As I am not sure what can be shown in that case.

Immediate response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

bobalos

Nov 20, 2020
Hi experts,

I am answering all my answers on personal history under CEC inland. Please help if you know:

1/ I studied highschool in my home country and went to Canada for college. Do I need to provide ECA for my highschool certificated which I obtained in my home country.

2/ For the passport or ID section, do I need to add all passport or just the current one?

3/ For jobs and activities declaration, If I worked part-time while studying college full time do I have to put it in. What about those jobs when I just did for one or two months back in my home country?

Your answer would be much appreciated.

Rph2017

Jan 13, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Med's Done....
05-25-2020
Hello there guys,

I actually finalizing my e-APR and looking for some answers for my questions about personal activity part and I’ve read this thread and got some answers from it. Thank you so much! :)

I have 1 more questionthough, hope you guys can help me.

1. I did examination for my license/profession back home after graduating from university and I got a certificate for it. Should I put that under “Educational Activity” or put it under “Unemployed” since I was unemployed while preparing and taking it? (Took me almost 5 months to have it though, and was enrolled in a study centre)

thank you in advance

Stiven806

Sep 17, 2022
Hi guys,

hope you can help me out with this one….

im trying to fill out the personal history and im not leaving any gaps, now the questions is, I had study permit which allowed me to work at the same time, do I need to put the places I worked when I had the study permit?, or just the timeframe and the school that I was assigned during that period of time until I was done with my studies

thank you and looking forward to hear from you

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
Hi guys,

hope you can help me out with this one….

im trying to fill out the personal history and im not leaving any gaps, now the questions is, I had study permit which allowed me to work at the same time, do I need to put the places I worked when I had the study permit?, or just the timeframe and the school that I was assigned during that period of time until I was done with my studies

thank you and looking forward to hear from you
did you add? Urgent help need! thank you!