+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with Working Holiday Visa

spatzl

Feb 1, 2017
Hello everyone,

sooo glad to have found this Forum! I have a problem with my application for the Working Holiday Visa:

I more or less accidentally chose "yes" when I had to answer the question whether I had a signed letter of offer, contract of employment, or internship agreement from an employer in Canada.

Now as I've received my invitation letter, I have to fill out fields like "Provide the offer of employment number", "What is the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Occupation code for the job you have been offered?" or the postal code of my future employer or things like that.

(For you information, I want to come to Canada as an Au Pair and I already have a family.)

So, then I thought I had found a solution for my problem. On the page they say the following words:

Why do I need an offer of employment number if I’m applying for a Working Holiday work permit?

When you filled out your International Experience Canada (IEC) profile, you said that you have a job offer in Canada. That’s why you’re being asked in the form for an offer of employment number and other details about your employer in Canada.

To complete this part of the application, follow these steps:
•Type “A9999999” in the offer of employment number field.
•Select “No” to the question “Has your employer paid the Employer Compliance fee?”
•Type “Non-applicable – Working Holiday” into the employer address fields.

But the problem is: I cannot type “Non-applicable – Working Holiday” in some of the fields like the one regarding the Postal Code or the "Contact address of employer or Company" one.

I really don't know what to do know, this really freaks me out.

I will be so thankful if anyone helps me with this problem.

Best wishes from abroad,

spatzl :)

chris.y

Feb 1, 2017
Hello,

I applied for the Working Holiday visa and I know what you saying.
I just put : Non applicable Working Holiday in the field.

You should be fine, don't you worry to much for that.
Good luck

Chris

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
spatzl said:
Hello everyone,

sooo glad to have found this Forum! I have a problem with my application for the Working Holiday Visa:

I more or less accidentally chose "yes" when I had to answer the question whether I had a signed letter of offer, contract of employment, or internship agreement from an employer in Canada.

Now as I've received my invitation letter, I have to fill out fields like "Provide the offer of employment number", "What is the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Occupation code for the job you have been offered?" or the postal code of my future employer or things like that.

(For you information, I want to come to Canada as an Au Pair and I already have a family.)

So, then I thought I had found a solution for my problem. On the page they say the following words:

Why do I need an offer of employment number if I’m applying for a Working Holiday work permit?

When you filled out your International Experience Canada (IEC) profile, you said that you have a job offer in Canada. That’s why you’re being asked in the form for an offer of employment number and other details about your employer in Canada.

To complete this part of the application, follow these steps:
•Type “A9999999” in the offer of employment number field.
•Select “No” to the question “Has your employer paid the Employer Compliance fee?”
•Type “Non-applicable – Working Holiday” into the employer address fields.

But the problem is: I cannot type “Non-applicable – Working Holiday” in some of the fields like the one regarding the Postal Code or the "Contact address of employer or Company" one.

I really don't know what to do know, this really freaks me out.

I will be so thankful if anyone helps me with this problem.

Best wishes from abroad,

spatzl :)
Just follow the instructions you have posted here and where you cannot enter anything then just include with your application a short note to explain you checked the employment box by mistake. People are doing this all time but once it has been set in the initial checklist is impossible to back it out hence the instructions as you have posted.

Try not overthink things and as long as you have all the other documents requested and clearly scanned/uploaded, photos to specification then should be fine. Also see here if you had not seen http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/working-holiday-application-offer-of-employment-id-number-t397436.0.html

Newzed

Apr 27, 2017
Hello!
Can I please ask you how you managed to overcome the filling of fields like start and end date and postal code, since they need to be filled out and I'm having the same problem as you.
Thank you!

Ziska-Ziska

Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys,
now I have the same Problem. Can you tell me how you solve this problem? what did you put in the Employment Dates? and into the other fields, which you have to select, like Province or NOC?
Thank you so much for helping me