+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with spouse's PR status

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Hello Members, @legalfalcon

I am a PR presently residing in Toronto. I obtained my PR through Express Entry. In my express entry profile my wife and only child were declared non-accompanying. There are some unsettled family issues at home preventing my wife and kid from moving to Canada soon. I wanted them to visit me so we could spend some time with my son. My wife applied for a visitor visa for herself and my son. She received an email from Singapore office which mentions that she already has PR status – so she needs to apply for PR travel permit if she doesn’t have a PR card or renounce PR status and continue with visitor visa application. She processed her application through an immigration law firm, they have sent repeated queries to IRCC regarding clarification of her actual status, but IRCC haven’t provided a clear reply acknowledging their mistake. almost 2 months have passed since.

In this scenario what is my option? I clearly understand that there must be some sort of mistake at IRCC’s end because she was declared non-accompanying, no way she can have PR status. Her/my son’s passport was never asked by IRCC previously.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Members, @legalfalcon

I am a PR presently residing in Toronto. I obtained my PR through Express Entry. In my express entry profile my wife and only child were declared non-accompanying. There are some unsettled family issues at home preventing my wife and kid from moving to Canada soon. I wanted them to visit me so we could spend some time with my son. My wife applied for a visitor visa for herself and my son. She received an email from Singapore office which mentions that she already has PR status – so she needs to apply for PR travel permit if she doesn’t have a PR card or renounce PR status and continue with visitor visa application. She processed her application through an immigration law firm, they have sent repeated queries to IRCC regarding clarification of her actual status, but IRCC haven’t provided a clear reply acknowledging their mistake. almost 2 months have passed since.

In this scenario what is my option? I clearly understand that there must be some sort of mistake at IRCC’s end because she was declared non-accompanying, no way she can have PR status. Her/my son’s passport was never asked by IRCC previously.
If they were listed as non accompanying, then they wouldn't have PR. You would need to sponsor them for PR. I don't know why IRCC thinks she is a PR.

Reactions: YVR123