+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with SIN

noblejn

Jun 15, 2017
Hello,
My spouse landed on September 25th, 2021. We went to take SIN at service canada on September 27th.
We were informed thar status is not updated yet and to come back in 1 or 2 weeks to apply again.

Is this normal? Until now I have seen people getting SIN just one day or even couple of hours after landing.

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,
My spouse landed on September 25th, 2021. We went to take SIN at service canada on September 27th.
We were informed thar status is not updated yet and to come back in 1 or 2 weeks to apply again.

Is this normal? Until now I have seen people getting SIN just one day or even couple of hours after landing.

Thanks
You can apply online, should get a response in a week or so.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does it takes days to update immigration status nowadays. Used to take minutes
I don't understand your question. You apply online for SIN and get the response by email in a week or two. Don't know about the 'immigration status' - you have to scan and upload the proof of status, eg for a newly landed PR, the stamped/signed COPR.

noblejn

Jun 15, 2017
I don't understand your question. You apply online for SIN and get the response by email in a week or two. Don't know about the 'immigration status' - you have to scan and upload the proof of status, eg for a newly landed PR, the stamped/signed COPR.
We went to service Canada to apply for SIN. The staff told that they cant see the immigration status in the system yet. So they cant provide the SIN and advised to try to apply in a few weeks time.