+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with SIN

vrjcramos

Jun 27, 2019
Good day! I am already a PR in Canada since Nov 2, 2019 and I got my SIN number after a week. I began working on December 2019 and learned that I need to file my taxes this March. The problem is, when I was making an account on CRA, it shows that there's an error with my SIN and that the number they have on file is not the same with what I have. I know that temporary SIN starts with the number 9, but mine doesn't, because I am already a permanent resident. Any ideas on what could possibly be the problem?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Good day! I am already a PR in Canada since Nov 2, 2019 and I got my SIN number after a week. I began working on December 2019 and learned that I need to file my taxes this March. The problem is, when I was making an account on CRA, it shows that there's an error with my SIN and that the number they have on file is not the same with what I have. I know that temporary SIN starts with the number 9, but mine doesn't, because I am already a permanent resident. Any ideas on what could possibly be the problem?
Did you have a sin that started with a 9 prior ?
If you did , you need to call and have the old sin replaced on your file with your new SIN