+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem With Letter From One of My Banks

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
I have two bank accounts.

In the first account, I have around 13,000 CAN, which is the minimum amount needed in order to send an application. In the second account, I have around 6,000 CAN.

The bank from my first account (13,000 CAN) did issue me the letter that CIC asks for. The second bank, on the other hand, refused to issue me that letter, I tried talking to every person and the only solution I got was a letter that states that I’m the holder of that account, the date in which I opened the account and a declaration of good behavior + bank statements from previous 6 months.

Should I transfer the 6,000 CAN from bank account #2 to bank account #1 (so I can have an updated letter with a 19,000 CAN balance) or should I submit the application with the documents I have right now?

If I do transfer the money, will bank statements of account #2 be enough to explain where the 6,000 CAN transferred to account #1 in the very last month came from?

Help, I’m running out of time here.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
I have two bank accounts.

In the first account, I have around 13,000 CAN, which is the minimum amount needed in order to send an application. In the second account, I have around 6,000 CAN.

The bank from my first account (13,000 CAN) did issue me the letter that CIC asks for. The second bank, on the other hand, refused to issue me that letter, I tried talking to every person and the only solution I got was a letter that states that I’m the holder of that account, the date in which I opened the account and a declaration of good behavior + bank statements from previous 6 months.

Should I transfer the 6,000 CAN from bank account #2 to bank account #1 (so I can have an updated letter with a 19,000 CAN balance) or should I submit the application with the documents I have right now?

If I do transfer the money, will bank statements of account #2 be enough to explain where the 6,000 CAN transferred to account #1 in the very last month came from?

Help, I’m running out of time here.
Yes, you can proceed with that.

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
What did you end up doing? I have my money in two banks - one is checking, the other is savings. Either one has more than required $$$, so I'm wondering if one of them gives me trouble with the letter, what I need to do.

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
What did you end up doing? I have my money in two banks - one is checking, the other is savings. Either one has more than required $$$, so I'm wondering if one of them gives me trouble with the letter, what I need to do.
I sent everything when I applied (letter from the bank that gave no trouble and that represents more than the minimum they are asking for + 6 previous bank statements of the other account from the other bank). I'm still waiting for an answer though.

My AOR is November 2nd. I received a request to pay the RPRF on January 14th (because I didn't pay that upfront). No news since then.

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
I sent everything when I applied (letter from the bank that gave no trouble and that represents more than the minimum they are asking for + 6 previous bank statements of the other account from the other bank). I'm still waiting for an answer though.

My AOR is November 2nd. I received a request to pay the on January 14th (because I didn't pay that upfront). No news since then.
Thanks for the information. That sounds like a good compromise to show only bank statements of the other account.

Reactions: greenboymx

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
Thanks for the information. That sounds like a good compromise to show only bank statements of the other account.
There was not much I could do anyway. Transferring the money to the bank that did agree to issue me a letter would have been as risky because you sort of need to back that sudden deposit (and the problematic bank refused to issue any letter of any kind at all). On the other hand, the amount I have in the bank that did want to cooperate was enough to meet the minimum requirement, so that's what eases my mind. I have read plenty of cases of people who sent only bank statements though, and there are even some members of the forum who swear that it's totally ok; who knows?

Let's hope for you not having any trouble with bank letters!

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
There was not much I could do anyway. Transferring the money to the bank that did agree to issue me a letter would have been as risky because you sort of need to back that sudden deposit (and the problematic bank refused to issue any letter of any kind at all). On the other hand, the amount I have in the bank that did want to cooperate was enough to meet the minimum requirement, so that's what eases my mind. I have read plenty of cases of people who sent only bank statements though, and there are even some members of the forum who swear that it's totally ok; who knows?

Let's hope for you not having any trouble with bank letters!
I agree that transferring would be more suspicious. The important thing is the minimum requirement, so I think you will be ok. I'm submitting my Express Entry application this weekend and hopefully get an ITA in the next draw or two (score of 454). I'm a worrier, so I am looking for solutions to potential problems, lol! Hopefully my banks will be agreeable when the time comes.

Reactions: greenboymx