+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with experience letter from colleague

parneetSingh

Jan 21, 2018
Hello All,

I am not able to get the letter of employment reference from my ex-company due to their policy.

So, i am arranging to get the LOERs from my ex-colleagues who are still with the company. I worked in two roles (both same NOC code) and at different locations, so taking references from two colleagues for different periods.

The problem is that one colleague joined 6 months later than me, prior to which i was working as an individual contributor in the project.
Problem is whether this letter of reference would create any problem in my application processing? How do i show the intervening 6 month period experience.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hello All,

I am not able to get the letter of employment reference from my ex-company due to their policy.

So, i am arranging to get the LOERs from my ex-colleagues who are still with the company. I worked in two roles (both same NOC code) and at different locations, so taking references from two colleagues for different periods.

The problem is that one colleague joined 6 months later than me, prior to which i was working as an individual contributor in the project.
Problem is whether this letter of reference would create any problem in my application processing? How do i show the intervening 6 month period experience.
Is it not possible to get one reference letter for both as the NOC is the same? Would suggest not to overcomplicate things and keep it simple.

parneetSingh

Jan 21, 2018
Is it not possible to get one reference letter for both as the NOC is the same? Would suggest not to overcomplicate things and keep it simple.
I can try to get that thing done. But the problem is i changed base locations as well as changed company once internally. The person i am trying to get the reference from is still with the company though. My question is would location change not create a doubt in the mind of CIC officials. This person knows me well and also knows my progression and designations etc.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I can try to get that thing done. But the problem is i changed base locations as well as changed company once internally. The person i am trying to get the reference from is still with the company though. My question is would location change not create a doubt in the mind of CIC officials. This person knows me well and also knows my progression and designations etc.
Changing location is immaterial. Your colleague can mention all the positions held in company so far along with location of each position and write your R&R for them. Even when you take from HR, it is still one letter only, so here also expectation is the same. In addition to that letter, you can also attach your colleagues employment letter/business card etc to show his employment in same company.

parneetSingh

Jan 21, 2018
Changing location is immaterial. Your colleague can mention all the positions held in company so far along with location of each position and write your R&R for them. Even when you take from HR, it is still one letter only, so here also expectation is the same. In addition to that letter, you can also attach your colleagues employment letter/business card etc to show his employment in same company.
Thanks for a very apt reply. Bothering you with one more query, can i skip mentioning his date of joining and can the below statement of Colleagues period of working be changed

"I say I am working in XXX Ltd. as a “Lead Analyst” from 1st Dec 2014 till date on full time basis from Monday to Friday (9 am to 6:30 pm)."

to

"I say I am working in XXX Ltd. as a “Lead Analyst” on full time basis from Monday to Friday (9 am to 6:30 pm)."

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Thanks for a very apt reply. Bothering you with one more query, can i skip mentioning his date of joining and can the below statement of Colleagues period of working be changed

"I say I am working in XXX Ltd. as a “Lead Analyst” from 1st Dec 2014 till date on full time basis from Monday to Friday (9 am to 6:30 pm)."

to

"I say I am working in XXX Ltd. as a “Lead Analyst” on full time basis from Monday to Friday (9 am to 6:30 pm)."
What do you mean by skipping 'his' date of joining, do you mean your colleague? You do not need to mention his date anywhere, this is your reference letter so it should have your joining date, hours worked, R&R etc.

parneetSingh

Jan 21, 2018
What do you mean by skipping 'his' date of joining, do you mean your colleague? You do not need to mention his date anywhere, this is your reference letter so it should have your joining date, hours worked, R&R etc.
Yes, i meant colleague's date of joining.
Your rationale sounds very logical. I got a format from a PR applications group where the below details are mentioned. If you can please help improve it.

I say that I joined India Pvt. Ltd. in May, 2012
I say I am working in India Pvt. Ltd. as a “Lead Analyst” from 1st Dec 2014 till date on full time basis from Monday to Friday (9 am to 6:30 pm).
I say I know Mr. Parneet Singh
I can be contacted on -
I say that Mr. Parneet Singh worked in India Pvt. Ltd. as a “Systems Analyst” from 1st Jan 2015 to 31st March 2018.
I say that Mr. Parneet Singh worked for 45 hours/week.

This is followed by duties and responsibilities.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Yes, i meant colleague's date of joining.
Your rationale sounds very logical. I got a format from a PR applications group where the below details are mentioned. If you can please help improve it.

I say that I joined India Pvt. Ltd. in May, 2012
I say I am working in India Pvt. Ltd. as a “Lead Analyst” from 1st Dec 2014 till date on full time basis from Monday to Friday (9 am to 6:30 pm).
I say I know Mr. Parneet Singh
I can be contacted on -
I say that Mr. Parneet Singh worked in India Pvt. Ltd. as a “Systems Analyst” from 1st Jan 2015 to 31st March 2018.
I say that Mr. Parneet Singh worked for 45 hours/week.

This is followed by duties and responsibilities.
As long as it has everything which CIC asks for then the format really does not matter, if you still want there are numerous templates available in this forum if you search for it. Hope you will be able to support it with payslips etc as well.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello All,

Tension mat le yaar...keep things simple and in a single document...
follow this post... check response of Sandeep Mishra...

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-purpose-and-the-format-of-a-Reference-Letter-to-apply-for-a-Canada-PR-after-getting-the-invitation

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If possible obtain some kind of proof that your former employer is refusing to provide a reference letter and proof that your colleague works at such company.