+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Problem solved]Pre-paid shipping label issue (outland applicant)

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
My return tracker was activitated this afternoon and I am expecting to receive my passport and COPR tomorrow.
Background: Outland applicant from US

My issue:
I used one-time use account to create a pre-paid label with Fedex. However, I had to use my info as sender and receipent because of credit card billing address. I could not use my US credit card billing address if the sender is CPC-Ottawa. Billing address can be anywhere but US. I know it sounds weird. The store manager told me it is fine to use my own info as sender (Then the label is domestic not international) to mail it out from Canada.

I was still worried so I called Fedex. The agent told me it would be okay. My passport was delivered on Oct. 15 but no news for 9 days. I decided to call Fedex and IRCC again. The second Fedex agent told me it wouldn't work. I need to create a new international label. The IRCC agent sent me an e-mail and asked me to email my new label to CPC-Ottawa. With my Canadian credit card, I finally created an international shipping label. After emailing to CPC-Ottawa, I was concerned because it states the response takes within 10 business days in the automated response. It would be too late if my passport is almost ready to mail out.

Surprisingly, I got notification from Fedex this afternoon.The envelope with my new return label has been picked up at GATINEAU, PQ. Then I checked my GCKey, it shows my application has been approved.

My guess is that my passport was probably ready a few days ago but they found my invalid shipping label. They put it on hold. After receiving a new one, they mailed it out asap.

Hope my experience can help someone who has similar issue. Don't panic! Just call CIC and send them a new one. They will replace it very soon.

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
My return tracker was activitated this afternoon and I am expecting to receive my passport and COPR tomorrow.

My issue:
I used one-time use account to create a pre-paid label with Fedex. However, I had to use my info as sender and receipent because of credit card billing address. I could not use my US credit card billing address if the sender is CPC-Ottawa. Billing address can be anywhere but US. I know it sounds weird. The store manager told me it is fine to use my own info as sender (Then the label is domestic not international) to mail it out from Canada.

I was still worried so I called Fedex. The agent told me it would be okay. My passport was delivered on Oct. 15 but no news for 9 days. I decided to call Fedex and IRCC again. The second Fedex agent told me it wouldn't work. I need to create a new international label. The IRCC agent sent me an e-mail and asked me to email my new label to CPC-Ottawa. With my Canadian credit card, I finally created an international shipping label. After emailing to CPC-Ottawa, I was concerned because it states the response takes within 10 business days in the automated response. It would be too late if my passport is almost ready to mail out.

Surprisingly, I got notification from Fedex this afternoon.The envelope with my new return label has been picked up at GATINEAU, PQ. Then I checked my GCKey, it shows my application has been approved.

My guess is that my passport was probably ready a few days ago but they found my invalid shipping label. They put it on hold. After receiving a new one, they mailed it out asap.

Hope my experience can help someone who has similar issue. Don't panic! Just call CIC and send them a new one. They will replace it very soon.
Glad it all worked out for you! Congratulations!

Reactions: shirleyfeng1985

sujdevi

Feb 12, 2020

My issue:

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. I did not send my shipping label and commercial invoice (sent only the return envelope with the other documents). But I did send them a hand-written note mentioning my fedex account which could be charged and asked them to print the label (in the fedex store they had mentioned that they cannot generate it, the sender from Canada had to print them). Reading the other posts I realized this is possible, thinking of generating the return label and invoice and emailing them. Should I reply to the same email where I got the CPCO-final request for sending the passport (IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca)? Did the IRCC agent send a different email (personal one)? They have received my package today only. So thinking if I should wait for a response from their end or email them the shipping label and invoice directly. Please suggest.

macwwbw

Jul 31, 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. I did not send my shipping label and commercial invoice (sent only the return envelope with the other documents). But I did send them a hand-written note mentioning my fedex account which could be charged and asked them to print the label (in the fedex store they had mentioned that they cannot generate it, the sender from Canada had to print them). Reading the other posts I realized this is possible, thinking of generating the return label and invoice and emailing them. Should I reply to the same email where I got the CPCO-final request for sending the passport (IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca)? Did the IRCC agent send a different email (personal one)? They have received my package today only. So thinking if I should wait for a response from their end or email them the shipping label and invoice directly. Please suggest.
Hi, I am in the similar situation. Can you please let me know what have you done to get passport back? Thanks

macwwbw

Jul 31, 2020

My issue:

Hey, I did similar mistake as suggested by Fedex store manager. Should I wait to get an email from IRCC agent asking for return label? OR upfront send return label to cpc ottawa ? Please let me know the IRCC email address.

jayant1994

Jun 21, 2022
Hi, I am also in a similar situation. I did not sent a return label. How did you resolve the issue? Thanks!

jayant1994

Jun 21, 2022
Hey, I did similar mistake as suggested by Fedex store manager. Should I wait to get an email from IRCC agent asking for return label? OR upfront send return label to cpc ottawa ? Please let me know the IRCC email address.
Hi, I am also in a similar situation. I did not sent a return label. How did you resolve the issue? Thanks!