+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem regarding study gap...

waqargondal11

Jul 22, 2011
Guyz , Im from Pakistan , and i have done my fsc in 2011, Ielts 6.0... Now im going 2 apply for canadian student visa 4 Jan intake 2013 , ... Actualy my last qualification was in 2011, and im goin 2 apply for Jan 2013.... So i want 2 ask u guyz , Will it effect my case ???? Is there any chance of itx effectivness??? If yes , how can i overcome dis ???? Kindly guide plzz

tiger007

Champion Member
waqargondal11 said:
Guyz , Im from Pakistan , and i have done my fsc in 2011, Ielts 6.0... Now im going 2 apply for canadian student visa 4 Jan intake 2013 , ... Actualy my last qualification was in 2011, and im goin 2 apply for Jan 2013.... So i want 2 ask u guyz , Will it effect my case ???? Is there any chance of itx effectivness??? If yes , how can i overcome dis ???? Kindly guide plzz
Hi,

In my personal opinion, if you have proof of work experience, studies, learning something on your own, helping in family business...or anyhow mention that the time period was not wasted... on a 1 page short SOP... and if you choose an appropriate/STRONG course like a 4 years Bachelors degree in any of recognized public universities...in your field of study..or a 4 years Bachelors or atleast a 3 years advanced diploma in any of the colleges... coupled with strong financial position...then this gap, should not be a problem.

You MUST select an appropriate College/University and a course/higher or atleast similar to your current qualifications and area of study. For example.. If you have pursued your Fsc. in engineering stream..then go for engineering degrees or related areas.

To get admissions to Universities, you usually need 70-75% marks in UG, good academic record, IELTS score(min 6.5, with 6 in all bands). The admission standards to Canadian recognized public universities are very high.

If you don't have such high academic record, next best thing is to apply for a 2-3 years diploma/advanced diploma in a Canadian college related to your previous study.(where they usually accept IELTS score of 6.0 for diploma level programmes, you will need to check individual college websites and confirm)

Since, this will be your first primary qualification/degree..choose it very carefully. if you don't have high marks for entry to university... but have atleast 60% ... then I suggest...score higher in IELTS i,e min 6.5 (with no bands less than 6.0) and apply for 4 years bachelor's degree in any of the colleges...(those who offer in your area of interest/study) or atleast a 3 years advanced diploma.

You will need to visit the individual college or university websites, do research for yourself..and choose an appropriate course. Here's the list of recognized publicly funded colleges and Universities (listed province wise):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

Best of Luck.

waqargondal11

Jul 22, 2011
Dear , i achieved 73% marks in fsc , and Ielts 6.0 bands ... i did apply in icm manitoba , i have received offer letter , first year at icm then leading 2 my bachelor degree in civil engineering ..... Other thing is what do u mean by strong financial statmnt ???? How much old shud b bank statmnet ???