+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem in gcms notes.. Please help!!

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I received my gcms notes.
The officer made a note Review required - applicant score has dropped under minimum score for the round.
PA received 50 points for the combination of education and official language proficiency, however he does not meet 21(1)(e).

Does any one know what does 21(1)(e) means

Please help

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
21. (1) The points that are to be assigned for a combination of the level of education of a foreign national and their proficiency in their first official language, according to their benchmark level as assessed in that language under the Canadian Language Benchmarks or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens, are the following:

(e) 50 points, if the foreign national has two or more post-secondary program credentials, one of which was issued on completion of a postsecondary program of three years or more, and is assessed in their first official language at level 9 or higher on all language skill areas.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex_dinou said:
21. (1) The points that are to be assigned for a combination of the level of education of a foreign national and their proficiency in their first official language, according to their benchmark level as assessed in that language under the Canadian Language Benchmarks or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens, are the following:

(e) 50 points, if the foreign national has two or more post-secondary program credentials, one of which was issued on completion of a postsecondary program of three years or more, and is assessed in their first official language at level 9 or higher on all language skill areas.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp
I don't have 9+ in all the language skill areas but every time I calculate my score on cic score calculator I get the same score.

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 1.7 yrs of cad exp.
Bachelor 3yr and post secondary 2yr Canadian school
1yr foreign work ex
12,12,11,8 in celpip
Spouse accompanying

I am not sure why my score has been calculated wrong.

I see 9 assessments for score calculation.
Out of which 4 including the last clucks toon is done wrong.

snail

Nov 16, 2015
Use the cars tool to check your score they might have muddled your speaking and reading scores or something.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
adi1989 said:
The officer made a note Review required - applicant score has dropped under minimum score for the round.
PA received 50 points for the combination of education and official language proficiency, however he does not meet 21(1)(e).

Please help
This is weird!! Was the 50 points you received under transferable skill? Why would the system appropriate the 50 points to you when you didn't have a CLB of 9 in language test?

It would help if we know your crs and breakdown of the score per criteria.

gavingan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's your score?

I think you should be fine if your score is still higer than one of the required scores of the later draws.

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adi1989 said:

Please help
You should call cic and discuss with the agent before holidays i think ....

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok This is scary. I just received an ITA yesterday and I too received 50 points for Skill Transferability. My CELPIP scores are 12, 11, 9 and 8. I too have an ECA'd Bachelor's and a Canadian post secondary certificate. Very similar case as yours. Just wondering whats going on? (Although I have One year Canadian and over 4 Years Overseas Exp)

gavingan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gavingan said:
What's your score?

I think you should be fine if your score is still higer than one of the required scores of the later draws.
I found that your score was 490, and in your round the cut-off was 469. I guess your reduced score would be still higher than 450 which was the lowest cut-off in later draws.

So I believe your application is fine and above is why you didn't get rejected, and the note is solely a note. Did you check the status of Eligibility? Maybe it has been Passed.

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eligibility says review required.
I figured out the problem.
The officer is considering bachelors as my highest education credential.

He did not consider the option two or more degree or certificate, one of them should be more than 3 yrs.
I have three ur bachelor with Eca and 2 yr pg certificate from Canadian college.

Not sure why he did that.

Notes says review required in crs point calculation.

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
adi1989 said:

He did not consider the option two or more degree or certificate, one of them should be more than 3 yrs.
I have three ur bachelor with Eca and 2 yr pg certificate from Canadian college.

If your score after it has been miscalculated is still more than cut-off, it should be fine. But I would suggest you to do CSE with all your explanation made clearly and also, refer to your GCMS notes. That's the quickest way to reach the VO who is handling your case. Take your decision.

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
adi1989 said:

u shd make cse with explanation letter and also mention u came to know through gcms note...or else its going to be rejection as far as i know...and if ur score is still going to be highher than the round of invitation points after deducting that 50 points than u are fine..u have to take action asap which is better...

rreimao

Aug 8, 2015
I found the CIC calculator kinda weird.
When I applied I put I had 1 year and 10 months of Canadian experience.
When they did the math, they calculated as 2 years and I got a higher score.
I hope that will not affect me.