+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem:IMM 5645 (FAMILY INFO) FORM is not in the list of files I need to upload

elcyuel

May 7, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am applying for LMIA-exempt work permit (less than 6 months) online outside of Canada (from France). The list of docs that I need to submit does not include family information form (5645E) and there is no way I can upload it. I wonder if that's ok or it is a mistake, because in the general guidelines it say that it should be attached. Should I submit that form in the letter of explanation document?

If yes, do I need to print it out, sign it, and scan it (there is no way to sign otherwise)? I ask because some previous threads on the forum said yes, but on the CIC website, I found this: "You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC."

Thanks!

lucic72

Jul 24, 2015
Hi.. This was the same situation with me, but I aplied for student visa along with spouse OWP. Only my wife have the place for imm5654 family information, and we uploda both (her and mine) there.

We print the form, sign, scan and upload.

Only IMM1294 we didnt sign, because that is on line application and you cant validate form.

;)

Rockologist

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
BUMP

Is anyone else encountering this? It wasn't asked of me in another application from inside Canada, and my current application from outside Canada isn't asking either (maybe it has to do with my US nationality, or maybe my Canadian spouse).
I'd hate to have my application stalled because of an issue on IRCC's side.