Problem entering country code in "Telephone/fax"

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
I'm trying to enter my country code in "Application/profile detail", and the field won't accept a single digit. Has any of the ITA receivers from Russia/Kazakhstan (countries with one-digit country codes apart from Canada/US) encountered the same problem? How did you solve it?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fl_pie said:
I'm trying to enter my country code in "Application/profile detail", and the field won't accept a single digit. Has any of the ITA receivers from Russia/Kazakhstan (countries with one-digit country codes apart from Canada/US) encountered the same problem? How did you solve it?
Put either a + or if wont accept that use 0

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
PMM said:
Hi

Put either a + or if wont accept that use 0
Thanks, but I already tried it. The system won't accept a '+' or a leading '0'.

test101

Dec 25, 2014
Hi, I am entering the country code 7 for Russia in the Invitation to Apply form, I tried both +7 and 07 and 7 and none of these works.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
test101 said:
Hi, I have the same issue, did you get to resolve it somehow, please share. :eek:
Not really. I wrote about it to the tech support - no reply yet, it was a week ago. As a workaround, I wrote the first two digits of my phone (79) in the country code field, and I intend to clarify this in my letter of explanation.

test101

Dec 25, 2014
I did the same just now. I doubt you need to clarify that, since there are no countries which dial code starts with +79, and if you google that code, it would tell those are mobiles from Russia.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
test101 said:
I did the same just now. I doubt you need to clarify that, since there are no countries which dial code starts with +79, and if you google that code, it would tell those are mobiles from Russia.
Oh, I wouldn't expect them to do that. Writing a couple of sentences to clear possible confusion isn't hard at all, either.

egotravel

Mar 31, 2015
I have the same issue with Russian country code. I reported it today using CIC Case Specific Enquiry form. In the meantime I use the same workaround (79 instead of 7).

I also have an issue with Street no. field not accepting slash sign (/), so I cannot correctly write one of my former addresses.

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It didnt work for me either with Canadian country code and just left it blank.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
egotravel said:
I have the same issue with Russian country code. I reported it today using CIC Case Specific Enquiry form. In the meantime I use the same workaround (79 instead of 7).

I also have an issue with Street no. field not accepting slash sign (/), so I cannot correctly write one of my former addresses.
I reported it too, hope they get around to fixing it.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Panka79 said:
It didnt work for me either with Canadian country code and just left it blank.
Hmm, there's a field for the "Country" - "Country code" should only appear if you select "Other" as your country. If you select "Canada/US", you shouldn't have to enter the country code, it would be assumed to be 1.

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fl_pie said:
Hmm, there's a field for the "Country" - "Country code" should only appear if you select "Other" as your country. If you select "Canada/US", you shouldn't have to enter the country code, it would be assumed to be 1.
yeah I did that, didnt work, tried with +1 still not. They have my cell and work number let it go.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Small update.
Today I received the answer to my inquiry regarding the telephone glitch - not quite in the 10 working days I was told I would receive it (that was on March, 30), but an answer nonetheless!

Dear Client,

Our records indicate that you have submitted an application for permanent residence. It will be assessed for completeness and should all of the required documents have been provided, the application will be ccepted into processing.

For more information, refer to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/next_steps.asp
Feels like talking to a robot.