+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Probationary period for Family Class may be as soon as 2011!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Jason Kenney has not officially announced that this is the route they are going but he said they are looking at it pretty strongly. I am still not sure if I believe that the main majority wanted a probationary period and can't see it resolving all of the fraud issues but ultimately it isn't up to us and I guess once given a try we will see how effective it is. I would have liked to have heard a bit more compassion for those that are genuine and more education to the spouses and their responsibilities but maybe it isn't too late for that. Anyway enough of my chit chat, here is the link to the article if you are interested. Please share your opinions as well if you want.

http://www.canadianimmigrant.ca/settlingincanada/immigrationlaw/article/7916

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
I think a probationary period is a good thing. Let's face it, genuine couples are already suffering because of the scammers, because the process takes longer than it would if they weren't in it. I think whereas genuine couples would not care if their partner had to wait a while to gain permanent residence, scammers definitely would.

It might deter some of them, if they knew they couldn't gain status on landing, but would actually be expected to live with their sponsor and maintain the relationship for a period of some years.

Just my tuppence.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
CharlieD10 said:
I think a probationary period is a good thing. Let's face it, genuine couples are already suffering because of the scammers, because the process takes longer than it would if they weren't in it. I think whereas genuine couples would not care if their partner had to wait a while to gain permanent residence, scammers definitely would.

It might deter some of them, if they knew they couldn't gain status on landing, but would actually be expected to live with their sponsor and maintain the relationship for a period of some years.

Just my tuppence.
Very well put. I guess I never saw it in that light. As I said though, we just got to give it a chance. Maybe it will be very beneficial. Thanks for posting opinion about it. It is good to hear different sides of the story.

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Love_Young said:
Jason Kenney has not officially announced that this is the route they are going but he said they are looking at it pretty strongly. I am still not sure if I believe that the main majority wanted a probationary period and can't see it resolving all of the fraud issues but ultimately it isn't up to us and I guess once given a try we will see how effective it is. I would have liked to have heard a bit more compassion for those that are genuine and more education to the spouses and their responsibilities but maybe it isn't too late for that. Anyway enough of my chit chat, here is the link to the article if you are interested. Please share your opinions as well if you want.

http://www.canadianimmigrant.ca/settlingincanada/immigrationlaw/article/7916
My 2cent

Do NOT buy what POLITICIANS say with a grain of salt. The only ones who should go under Probation period are POLITICIANS. Politicians are liars liars and liars, panties on fire (or liars liars bums on fire)

Just go back to the famous documentary on marriage fraud (CBC.ca....and the thread in this forum), and imagine yourself the foreign husband of the lady in white wedding dress, who was holding a white door on her skinny shoulders. Imagine you are in probabtion period and live face to face with such a lady. If I were the husband, I would prefer life prison sentence. In fact, those Canadians, like her, should be counselled first before they go abroad seeking men.
conclusion: this can turn into "slavery trade", in a country that NEEDS immigrants desparately ....more than immigrants need this country.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Right...since I've already started racking up new negatives since I posted in this thread, I'm just going to say WTH and go for broke.

Oil Sand Guy...what for did he marry her, then, if he didn't want/intend to live with her? Exactly, he's a lying, scamming, no-good user, and he should be subject to a "deport on sight" order if he's ever found. When people have been lied to and used, they have a right to be angry and demand that someone help them.

While I agree that sponsors need to take some ownership for the decision they make to marry and sponsor a foreign national, I also am not naive enough to think everyone knows how to spot a darned good liar. And there are quite a few of them out there, who will say and do anything, use anyone by whatever means to get what they want. And what they want is PR in Canada, not a life with a spouse. It is unfair to use someone to gain entry to a country if you don't qualify to go there on your own merits; using someone else as a doorway is downright disgusting and disgraceful.

Finally, I respectfully disagree that Canada needs immigrants more than immigrants need the country. You need to show me some statistics or evidence to back up that statement, emotional rhetoric isn't going to cut it.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I already commented on the probationary period once related to the marriage fraud documentary. I do agree with the idea, I would put the emphasis on the how. Health care, free work and study should be a must. This way spouses and partners would have an easier way to integrate and I would worry less about abuse. Noone wants to put their life on hold, depending on their partners in every way and live up their entire savings to start from zero once they obtain PR. If the applicants can stand on their feet there would be less chance to abuse. Why people stay in abusive relationship? Because they don`t have money, work or any prospects. It would also give a chance to couples who now going through the process being separated to be together. If it is well tought and carried out well, I do believe to reduce scammers- as someone said already, geniune couples won`t see it as a hardness. Some of them might even be thankful for it.
It is not an easy topic and I`m sure it will create debate, surely we need to see how effective it could be and know more details.

On a sidenote: Oil Sand Guy, we don`t know what exactly happened to that lady in the documentary and I don`t think it is fair to mention her as an example in any way. She deserves respect as any human being does even if you don`t have symphaty for her.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
CharlieD10,
I agree with all the words you said. Canada does need immigrants, but skilled, educated, experienced immigrants and the family category is just not all about that. If you apply under CEC, PNP, ect. you know what are the exact requirements and that`s it, while in family category there is much more subjectivity. That is something scammmers can use and get their ticket into this country that does not need this type of immigration. In my opinion changes are inevitable, either we like it or not. Why someone who wants to live with their spouses happily would stay if being abused? Why wouldn`t they go back to their homecountry and forget about the whole thing? If they stay and suffer to get their PR what that is, scam or no scam?

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
CharlieD10 said:
Oil Sand Guy...what for did he marry her, then, if he didn't want/intend to live with her? Exactly, he's a lying, scamming, no-good user, and he should be subject to a "deport on sight" order if he's ever found. When people have been lied to and used, they have a right to be angry and demand that someone help them.

Finally, I respectfully disagree that Canada needs immigrants more than immigrants need the country. You need to show me some statistics or evidence to back up that statement, emotional rhetoric isn't going to cut it.
1) the lady in the documentary, said proudly that she had travelled, she had experiences and that she was EDUCATED. She went to the man, as the man could not come to Canada. She married him in a few days of meetings. Any person who can look at both the groom and bride, in that particular case, would say in the spot "they do not fit together". In my deep feelings and analysis, I consider the man was her victim and prey. If he continued to be her slave, and if he continued to provide for her needs, then she would be happier and would never go and hold the door on her shoulder.

2) As to "who needs who"? I don't care about statistics here. I care about common sense. People come to Canada because they needed to move, they needed to change their political plight, life style etc etc. They need that..I did not say the opposite. But end of day, Canada can never be CANADA WITHOUT those immigrants, without those we try to draw a TV documentary picture of them as if they are all cheaters and abusers.

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
ditta said:
. Why someone who wants to live with their spouses happily would stay if being abused? Why wouldn`t they go back to their homecountry and forget about the whole thing? If they stay and suffer to get their PR what that is, scam or no scam?
How unfair you are! So, you want the foreigners to be treated like toys, for the pleasure and gratification of the sponsorED Canadians?
Why can't we all leave Canada (including the Immigration Minister) back to our old countries. We oonly leave back the first nation and Inuits

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Oil Sand Guy said:
But end of day, Canada can never be CANADA WITHOUT those immigrants, without those we try to draw a TV documentary picture of them as if they are all cheaters and abusers.
Canada would be a much better place without the scammers FOR SURE. Just look at the reason why they do it: they obviously do not qualify in any professional category because the truth is that theire a bunch of losers, therefore, they abuse the system and get married only for immigration purposes. Canada could totally do without people who are just a burden to the system, having no education, not contributing to the community by not working and not paying taxes, etc, etc, etc.

Oil Sand Guy said:
How unfair you are! So, you want the foreigners to be treated like toys, for the pleasure and gratification of the sponsorED Canadians?
Why can't we all leave Canada (including the Immigration Minister) back to our old countries. We oonly leave back the first nation and Inuits
Totally the foreigners choice to have no dignity and come as voluntary slaves.

I hope you can see that immigrants are wanted in Canada, but not to live from honest people's taxes.

MrsCasanova

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
01-17-2010
Med's Request
10 - 07- 2009
Med's Done....
0 - 07 - 2009
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
01-17-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-06-2011
I think they should have a lie detector test. If the marriage is legit the couple will take it and pass, if its not they probably wont take it at all. It'll speed up the process for those of us who are legit and help weed out those who arent.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
MrsCasanova said:
I think they should have a lie detector test. If the marriage is legit the couple will take it and pass, if its not they probably wont take it at all. It'll speed up the process for those of us who are legit and help weed out those who arent.
That's a good idea! But I heard they're not that reliable. I think nothing speaks out more than time, long lasting relationships = true couples.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
robrod said:
bonbon, no landing yet???...
Nope, slow embassy down there! :(

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
robrod said:
Well, 13.5 months long inland from here it took me... I say the embassy is faster..
Eek!! Well, see it from the brightest side: you were allowed to wait it out next to your wifey :)
I'm here as a visitor too, and I feel so lucky, I'd go mad waiting out so many months without my husband :(
We already had to wait to be together so many years, but that's another story..

That's why I think a probatory period would benefit couples tremendously. Newlyweds are supposed to be together, planning out their whole future, enjoying a new life together as a couple, on the first months of their marriage. Nobody should put their lives on hold for a visa!

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
bonbon9 said:
Canada would be a much better place without the scammers FOR SURE. Just look at the reason why they do it: they obviously do not qualify in any professional category because the truth is that theire a bunch of losers, therefore, they abuse the system and get married only for immigration purposes. Canada could totally do without people who are just a burden to the system, having no education, not contributing to the community by not working and not paying taxes, etc, etc, etc.

Totally the foreigners choice to have no dignity and come as voluntary slaves.

I hope you can see that immigrants are wanted in Canada, but not to live from honest people's taxes.
Canada would be a much better place without ITS OWN SCAMMERS (from within).
Canada would a much better place if the Canadians stand for single mothers and single women. Thus those single women would not go everywhere to fish for men and later come and cry for help