+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Probation Question - Citizenship Application

canada449

Jun 30, 2023
Hello,

I came across to a question in probations section while applying for citizenship.

Are you now, or have you ever been, under a removal order (have you been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada)?

Should I answer this yes as I got conditional removal order while applying for refugee protection? Refugee claim was successful.

inaya.i

Star Member
Oct 25, 2023
Hello,

I came across to a question in probations section while applying for citizenship.

Are you now, or have you ever been, under a removal order (have you been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada)?

Should I answer this yes as I got conditional removal order while applying for refugee protection? Refugee claim was successful.
you should answer "no" to this from what i understand as the removal order was never enforced if your case got accepted

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Answer no. You had a conditional removal if your claim failed not an actual removal order.