+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Probation Period Express Entry Profile Question

chinnaiah

Mar 2, 2018
Hi All,

I have an urgent question regarding my work experience, I submitted my express entry profile and now I am worried if I made a mistake. Can any one please answer the following

In the past, I worked at a ABC company and the offer letter said my title was "Trainee Engineer" and the probation period was 6 months, and the salary was X amount during probation and it said after probation the salary was X+Y amount. But, within the first six months my manager thought I was ready and put me on real projects, I did not receive any official letter saying I was a full engineer after the first six months, but i was receiving salary X+Y now. As part of my job what ever documents I had to sign to certify equipment for clients and on interal official documents my title was "Inspection Engineer". Both my probation title and the later tittle fall under the same NOC (Trainee Engineer and Inspection Engineer, different salary though).

In my express entry profile, I mentioned this experience as "Inspection Engineer" at "ABC Company" from date D/E/F to date G/H/I. I have requested my HR to provide an experience letter and I am sure they are going to provide me a letter as "Inspection Engineer".

My question is, should I ask them to mention "Trainee engineer" for first six months as the title with salary X and then "Inspection Engineer" with salary as X+Y or just "Inspection Engineer" with salary X during the first six months and salary X+Y there after in the work experience letter? Please note the NOC and the job duties were the same.

Please help me, if I have to ask them for a letter with the probation title separated, then I have to even update my express entry profile to show both the titles, for now it shows the "Inspection Engineer" title.

Thanks so much in advance.