+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Probable UCI number Mixup in file processing

Rick.111

May 28, 2023
Hi ive just noticed that my UCI number is entirely different from latest series.for eg. The UCI allotted to me starts from 66 and it has 8 digits however I have noticed that my spouse UCI starts from 11 and it has 10 digit. I have confirmed from few of my known people and they also told me that their UCI also starts from 11 and contains 10 digits. As per my consultant the 66 series used to be allotted in 2004-2005. Now it seems that the IRCC has given someone else’s UCI number to me and their data also reflecting in my profile.what do you think about the same? Is this even possible that IRCC is judging my case on the basis previously entered data of this UCI?

nishkers

Feb 18, 2021
You need to call IRCC and let them advise you.

Most likely they will tell you to raise a webform with an attached letter explaining in detail what you believe has happened and all the wrong profile details.
If you had a previous UCI from any visa/permit then also put it and upload evidence. But you need to hear what an agent has to say first.

Rick.111

May 28, 2023
@nishkers I’ve got PFL a month ago and I have already submitted my explanation while checking all the kips notes I’ve noticed about the UCI number my wife has 10 digits starts with 11 and mine is 8 digits starts with 66

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Rick.111

May 28, 2023
UCI numbers can be 8 or 10 digits. Not sure how your agent knows when numbers were allocated.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=013#
I’ve just noticed in kips notes that I’ve been issued existing UCI Number however I’ve never applied for Canadian Visa prior to this application.

Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI
Spouse Application Promoted: Existing UCI
Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes
Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes
Client Fees: Verified
_.. LANGUAGES.
Principal Applicant
1 -English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I’ve just noticed in kips notes that I’ve been issued existing UCI Number however I’ve never applied for Canadian Visa prior to this application.

Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI
Spouse Application Promoted: Existing UCI
Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes
Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes
Client Fees: Verified
_.. LANGUAGES.
Principal Applicant
1 -English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified
So contact IRCC and ask.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@nishkers I’ve got PFL a month ago and I have already submitted my explanation while checking all the kips notes I’ve noticed about the UCI number my wife has 10 digits starts with 11 and mine is 8 digits starts with 66
It is possible that there was a mix-up with your UCI numbers. The UCI number is a unique number that is assigned to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). It is used to track your immigration file and to identify you in their system.

If this is the case, IRCC will need to correct the error in their system. You can contact IRCC and explain the situation. They will be able to investigate the matter and correct the error if necessary.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi ive just noticed that my UCI number is entirely different from latest series.for eg. The UCI allotted to me starts from 66 and it has 8 digits however I have noticed that my spouse UCI starts from 11 and it has 10 digit. I have confirmed from few of my known people and they also told me that their UCI also starts from 11 and contains 10 digits. As per my consultant the 66 series used to be allotted in 2004-2005. Now it seems that the IRCC has given someone else’s UCI number to me and their data also reflecting in my profile.what do you think about the same? Is this even possible that IRCC is judging my case on the basis previously entered data of this UCI?

A UCI can be 8 or 10 digits. Both are valid UCI numbers.

UCI number is allocated only once and will be valid for all applications you file. The application numbers will change, but the UCI will remain constant.

In some cases, an applicant may have 2 UCI numbers. This is a data integrity issue. As there is no way to delete a record from GCMS once it is promoted, the UCIs must be linked by performing a household. When a household is done, the multiple IDs will still exist but they will be linked together.

Household: If there is more than one UCI for the same client, this is a data integrity issue. As there is no way to delete a record from GCMS once it is promoted, the UCIs must be linked by performing a household. When a household is done, the multiple IDs will still exist but they will be linked together.

If you have been issued more than one UCI, they will be linked at the Operations Support Centre in Ottawa.

mkau_90

Jun 19, 2023
Hi
we have been through same situation.
My husband have same name with someone and got the wrong person's id. Its been more than 14 months we are still suffering because of IRCC's mistake. They just corrected it and provided him new id. I hope you will fix yours at your earliest.

NoraShepherd

Dec 9, 2023
Hi
we have been through same situation.
My husband have same name with someone and got the wrong person's id. Its been more than 14 months we are still suffering because of IRCC's mistake. They just corrected it and provided him new id. I hope you will fix yours at your earliest.

OH God
They still haven’t solve your problem?
After 14 months?

I just notice a new UCI on my application and so confused.