+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Probability of student visa/permit rejection

Akshay jadon

Jan 8, 2021
Hello everyone,
My name is Akshay. I am from India. I am currently working as a software developer for an IT firm. I have total 5 years of work experience. I have applied for the data analytics program from Durham College. I have some doubts related to student visa/permit approvals.

I don't have my parents with me as they passed away 4 years back. I have one sibling (elder brother) and I am married.
My elder brother lives in Toronto and has a PR card and he will be my co-borrower in my student loan as well. Will my brother's stay in Canada will impact my non-immigrant impact during visa process. As I have my wife only as my family in India. Does it shows weak family ties?

P.S my wife is working here in India as business development executive and will not be travelling with me to Canada.

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Hello everyone,
My name is Akshay. I am from India. I am currently working as a software developer for an IT firm. I have total 5 years of work experience. I have applied for the data analytics program from Durham College. I have some doubts related to student visa/permit approvals.

I don't have my parents with me as they passed away 4 years back. I have one sibling (elder brother) and I am married.
My elder brother lives in Toronto and has a PR card and he will be my co-borrower in my student loan as well. Will my brother's stay in Canada will impact my non-immigrant impact during visa process. As I have my wife only as my family in India. Does it shows weak family ties?

P.S my wife is working here in India as business development executive and will not be travelling with me to Canada.
Yes, it will affect your study VISA. You will have to show some strong ties to your home country with a strong SOP of why you will be returning back.

yeah075

Feb 22, 2020
I am not very experienced, but I did learn something from this forum. I think from your case it is important to show your intention for study. What is your education background? If you already have your bachelor degree, you have to explain clearly on study plan why you would like to take a college program.

You will not get rejected because your brother is in Canada. For your family tie, you could show your cash and property to prove you would leave the country after you finish studies.

Last edited:

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Yes, it will affect your study VISA. You will have to show some strong ties to your home country with a strong SOP of why you will be returning back.
Hey why don’t you apply PR under express entry? As you will get points for blood relation & experience also.

Bendu1575

Dec 21, 2020
Canada badly wants immigrants to stay after studies. Recent PGWP extension for 18 Months proves this. Canadians are ageing and 2020 population growth is very low. Canada economy is in downfall the only hope if to increase their population with young people who will add value to the economy by paying taxes to support their ageing population welfare.

My suggestion would be to apply in SDS category and mention your wife not coming to Canada with you(for now). This shows you are financially sound and had enough family ties with India. If your wife is working here and with her family you can mention that too in SOP. Just thinking from Visa Officer perspective wife will be a better home tie than parents. Please mention how good you are already established in India working for 05 years as software engineer and this Course in Canada is to enhance your skills so that you will be open for better prospects in home country once you are done with graduation. They know we are taking this Graduation root for settlement. I think profiles like yours will do good in Canada and contribute more to their Economy. They will not loose profiles like yours.

My elder brother is in Canada as Permanent Resident and I am awaiting my Visa Outcome. Besides I also had similar profile like you. Will post you my Update.

Akshay jadon

Jan 8, 2021
I am not very experienced, but I did learn something from this forum. I think from your case it is important to show your intention for study. What is your education background? If you already have your bachelor degree, you have to explain clearly on study plan why you would like to take a college program.

You will not get rejected because your brother is in Canada. For your family tie, you could show your cash and property to prove you would leave the country after you finish studies.
Please find below details:-
*Relevant program*
Currently I am working as a data engineer and I have chosen data analytics program from Durham College..so my work experience and the diploma has relevance.

*Family ties*
My wife will stay back here in India only as she is working as full time employee and has a stable job.

*Financial ties*
I don't own any property, however my wife has piece of a land on her name..will it be helpful in my case?
I have gold valuing around 10-12 lakhs is that sufficient?

Akshay jadon

Jan 8, 2021
Canada badly wants immigrants to stay after studies. Recent PGWP extension for 18 Months proves this. Canadians are ageing and 2020 population growth is very low. Canada economy is in downfall the only hope if to increase their population with young people who will add value to the economy by paying taxes to support their ageing population welfare.

My suggestion would be to apply in SDS category and mention your wife not coming to Canada with you(for now). This shows you are financially sound and had enough family ties with India. If your wife is working here and with her family you can mention that too in SOP. Just thinking from Visa Officer perspective wife will be a better home tie than parents. Please mention how good you are already established in India working for 05 years as software engineer and this Course in Canada is to enhance your skills so that you will be open for better prospects in home country once you are done with graduation. They know we are taking this Graduation root for settlement. I think profiles like yours will do good in Canada and contribute more to their Economy. They will not loose profiles like yours.

My elder brother is in Canada as Permanent Resident and I am awaiting my Visa Outcome. Besides I also had similar profile like you. Will post you my Update.
Thanks alot for your reply..it is very helpful.
My wife is working as a business development executive and has 2 years of work experience. She will stay here only till I complete my studies. I don't have any property however my wife owns a piece of land..can I show it to prove my financial ties and I have gold of worth approximately 10 lakhs will it be helpful?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Please find below details:-
*Relevant program*
Currently I am working as a data engineer and I have chosen data analytics program from Durham College..so my work experience and the diploma has relevance.

*Family ties*
My wife will stay back here in India only as she is working as full time employee and has a stable job.

*Financial ties*
I don't own any property, however my wife has piece of a land on her name..will it be helpful in my case?
I have gold valuing around 10-12 lakhs is that sufficient?
You can get a Family Networth Certificate done from any Chartered Account in India. In this Certificate you can include yours, your spouse and parents any assets.
- Properties
- Cars
- Gold
- Bonds
- Even Provident Fund
- Insurance
- Any other Savings

Akshay jadon

Jan 8, 2021
You can get a Family Networth Certificate done from any Chartered Account in India. In this Certificate you can include yours, your spouse and parents any assets.
- Properties
- Cars
- Gold
- Bonds
- Even Provident Fund
- Insurance
- Any other Savings
Hello all,
I have a problem regarding my documents.
My name is stated as Akshay Singh in below documents:
1. 10th marksheet
2. 12th marksheet
3. Graduation marksheet
4. Passport
5. IELTS scorecard
My name is stated as Akshay Singh Jadon in below documents:
1. Bank statements
2. Employment contract
3. ITR and Marriage certificate...is it an issue for SP? If yes how it can be resolved?