+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proactively mailing Singapore office

Randomname

Jan 25, 2013
Hi friends,

I applied to sponsor my wife who is a Bangladeshi and on the 21st of Jan our status changed to 'in process' on the cic website. From what I have read the next stage is usually wait for a request to resend/redo the police clearance and the medical, after which the passport request is sent.

I am wondering if any one has been proactive with the Singapore office in terms of sending the police clearance and medical? I am thinking about mailing them to ask if I should resend them thereby saving a month of waiting.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randomname said:
Hi friends,

I applied to sponsor my wife who is a Bangladeshi and on the 21st of Jan our status changed to 'in process' on the cic website. From what I have read the next stage is usually wait for a request to resend/redo the police clearance and the medical, after which the passport request is sent.

I am wondering if any one has been proactive with the Singapore office in terms of sending the police clearance and medical? I am thinking about mailing them to ask if I should resend them thereby saving a month of waiting.

Can you please share with us your timeline, i.e., when you first send your Application to Mississauga? When did you get your AOR etc.?

Randomname

Jan 25, 2013
Of course, I'm not sure what the exact terminology stands for in your profile but here is a rough timeline

They recieved the application in mississauga on 24/05/2012
I was approved as a sponsor on 7/23/12 at which point they sent the file on to Singapore
On the 21st of Jan the status on the cic website changed to in process.

My wife completed her medical tests in March 2012 along with the police clearance.

Hope this helps

h-india

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
Nanapush I email cic London yesterday.got generic email reply that they will respond in 28 days if its not urgent.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randomname said:
Of course, I'm not sure what the exact terminology stands for in your profile but here is a rough timeline

They recieved the application in mississauga on 24/05/2012
I was approved as a sponsor on 7/23/12 at which point they sent the file on to Singapore
On the 21st of Jan the status on the cic website changed to in process.

My wife completed her medical tests in March 2012 along with the police clearance.

Hope this helps
Thanks. It seems your wife's application is progressing nicely. Since your wife's medical expires in March, it is possible that you may receive communication from Singapore Visa Office soon. I am not sure if you can send Medical report & Police report again proactively. They may not need them if they contact you soon. They usually only ask Medical. I had asked similar question in this forum before and got replies that I should wait for the Visa Office to contact me.

You said that when you checked online, it showed 'in process'. Did you or your wife receive any e-mail prior to this status change?

Randomname

Jan 25, 2013
No we did not receive an email prior to the status change. Now it just says something along the lines of ' Your application is in process as of January 21st 2013' (I can't seem to log in right now for some reason). Is the fact that I did not get an email prior to the status change a cause for concern?

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randomname said:
No we did not receive an email prior to the status change. Now it just says something along the lines of ' Your application is in process as of January 21st 2013' (I can't seem to log in right now for some reason). Is the fact that I did not get an email prior to the status change a cause for concern?
I don't think you have to worry about anything. Your application has moved up nicely compared to other BD applications. I just asked if you received any e-mail just to know. They don't usually send any communication till they need a document from you.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
I agree. Who knows, if you're lucky and they give you your PR in, say, February, you won't need to re-do medicals at all because they wont be expired. And even if they do expire, the office has the ability to ask for an extension of your medical records so that you do not have to re-send them. You can email them and ask if you should redo them (although I'd wait until February to do this, if you have not heard from them) before they expire, but I suspect they will either ignore you or say not to re-do them and they will extend them.

Good luck and congrats on the fast processing.