+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Privately Sponsored Refugee Interview

Omnora

Jan 31, 2023
Hi everyone,

My husband sponsored his brother and family and his sister and they have their interview and biometrics appointment on Monday.

Can anyone provide us with actual questions that might be asked in the interview process?

Thanks in advance!

Mrrefugee

Jan 31, 2023
Hi everyone,

My husband sponsored his brother and family and his sister and they have their interview and biometrics appointment on Monday.

Can anyone provide us with actual questions that might be asked in the interview process?

Thanks in advance!
Do they live outside their home country? Are they refugees or protected persons? If so they will be asked why they left their home country, why they're not returning back home, what fears they have, any medical issues, family compositions, residence/travel history for the past 10 years, education and work history, any involvment in any organizations.... This are some of the question's my friend was asked the past week.

Omnora

Jan 31, 2023
Do they live outside their home country? Are they refugees or protected persons? If so they will be asked why they left their home country, why they're not returning back home, what fears they have, any medical issues, family compositions, residence/travel history for the past 10 years, education and work history, any involvment in any organizations.... This are some of the question's my friend was asked the past week.
Thank you so much! Yes they do, they are yemeni and live in Saudi. They are not registered with unchr but we are going through private sponsorship through a sponsorship agreement holder. Thanks for your response, it is much appreciated!

sooma

Nov 3, 2022
Thank you so much! Yes they do, they are yemeni and live in Saudi. They are not registered with unchr but we are going through private sponsorship through a sponsorship agreement holder. Thanks for your response, it is much appreciated!
hello Omnora how long they have waited to get to the interview ?

yali

Feb 5, 2023
Is your visa office in Saudi arabia? My family is also in Saudi arabia they just started processing file February 2023 but their visa office is Nairobi.

Omnora

Jan 31, 2023
Is your visa office in Saudi arabia? My family is also in Saudi arabia they just started processing file February 2023 but their visa office is Nairobi.
Their visa office is in Abu Dhabi but they are going for the interview in Riyadh.

sooma

Nov 3, 2022
how the visa office was chosen for you guys ? what i mean how come you are in Riyadh and visa office is Abu Dhabi ? and how yali also in Saudi and his visa office is Nairobi . as far as i know they send the application to the visa office where the applicant is located , did this change and you can choose now ?

Omnora

Jan 31, 2023
how the visa office was chosen for you guys ? what i mean how come you are in Riyadh and visa office is Abu Dhabi ? and how yali also in Saudi and his visa office is Nairobi . as far as i know they send the application to the visa office where the applicant is located , did this change and you can choose now ?
No, it depends on the nationality and where they were born. Yes they like in Saudi but they are yemeni which is why their visa office is Abu Dhabi.

sooma

Nov 3, 2022
No, it depends on the nationality and where they were born. Yes they like in Saudi but they are yemeni which is why their visa office is Abu Dhabi.
ok. so if you are a Yemeni who lives in Saudi then automatically they send your file to Abu Dhabi ? if that is what you mean, then how yali he lives in Saudi and he is file is in Nairobi ?

Omnora

Jan 31, 2023
Because it's based on country of birth (nationality), they live in Saudi but are not Saudi, they are from yemen and abu Dhabi deals with yemen

Reactions: sooma

Omnora

Jan 31, 2023
I don't know...it clearly has to do with their nationality and the Nairobi office obviously handles that nationality....

yali

Feb 5, 2023
My family are yemeni citizens as well but they traveled to hergaisa to obtain refugee card in order to be eligible to apply that's why the file was sent to nairobi.

yali

Feb 5, 2023
We thought of asking for visa office to be changed but we are afraid it might make the process longer.