+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program – Sponsorship Agreement Holders

laila

Apr 25, 2013
Hello, please help me,

My sister and her family they want to come to Canada. They are not refugees. They are Egyptians. My question is will they be able to apply for the program of

Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program – Sponsorship Agreement Holders?????
I have seen some organizations in Ontario who does that. But I need to know all the information about the program.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada/private-sponsorship-program/agreement-holders/holders-list.html
My second question is: Do they need to be refugees outside of their country to apply under that program??

please help me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They must be outside of
Egypt to be sponsored and must also be recognized refugees by UNHCR.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Sponsered agreement holder is one of PSR system.if you have reletive in canada and you want to apply under this program you dont have to be recognized by UNHCR.
But they do have to be selected by one of the organizations that are recognized as Sponsorship Agreement Holders. These are community and religious organization and have limited spaces available. “Joe/Jane average” can’t just sponsor someone as a refugee. They still need to meet the organizations criteria and I doubt they would waste their limited quotas on someone who isn’t in dire circumstances (a refugee) in their home country.

Husam123456

Apr 11, 2018
Yes, you are right SAH have limited space cause most of them have alot of application.
however some people tried to contact them thruogh their family in canada and they succeed to get their approvel.

G5 System is clearly writen "you must have refugee status" but SAH is not if it is writen some where please advise me cause I dont have that much knowledge
For your info. I apply by SAH and I dont have any paper from UNHCR and I received approvel, finished interview and medical awaiting for final Decision.

Shaki Nayel

Mar 28, 2023
Yes, you are right SAH have limited space cause most of them have alot of application.
however some people tried to contact them thruogh their family in canada and they succeed to get their approvel.

G5 System is clearly writen "you must have refugee status" but SAH is not if it is writen some where please advise me cause I dont have that much knowledge
For your info. I apply by SAH and I dont have any paper from UNHCR and I received approvel, finished interview and medical awaiting for final Decision.
Good for you , Could you please tell me how long is the processing time of private sponsorship program for refugees ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good for you , Could you please tell me how long is the processing time of private sponsorship program for refugees ?
It varies from country to country but generally 2-3 years.