+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Private Sponsored Refugees After Medical Examination

Nas1820

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
22 days after submitting our quarantine plan.
After that, you will most likely receive a call from the Canadian embassy in the country of asylum you're currently in and they'll tell you to send them your photographs either by mail or in person so they can make your visas. You should then go check out your application status on IRCC website and you'll see that it has changed from "in process" to "decision made". Next, You'll have to wait for some time until you hear from the IOM. They'll call in asking you to attend a Canadian orientation session in person and a date and time will be scheduled for you. You'll have to go there and after that, wait again.
Thank you so much

Nas1820

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
I just had a call from IOM recently asked about my health if we are using pills or had an accident or sick ..what that does mean it’s been 10 days
It should mean they will prepare your flights so they are seeing if you are not sick or unable for the flight. Can u tell please when had ur sponsors recieved and sent their quarantine plans?

Reactions: Saif_alaqbi

Saif_alaqbi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
It should mean they will prepare your flights so they are seeing if you are not sick or unable for the flight. Can u tell please when had ur sponsors recieved and sent their quarantine plans?
Oh really thank you
I were thinking they might call us for a second medical check !?
When they going to call us ? I hope soon
We get sick and tired of waiting!
They received it on 8/9/21

Mieemie

Sep 17, 2021
Congratulations
Did they called you asking for your health first then they give you a date ?
I had a call from the IOM on 4/10 and still waiting
We actually got a call from the IOM too but we were told to attend a cultural orientation course in person. We went to the IOM office and when we were done, the IOM handed us Certificate of Completion (for the course) and on the same day, the IOM told us our flight date. We have to go back tomorrow to hand them some papers and also next month. After that comes the final step which is the PCR test and then the travel.

Reactions: Saif_alaqbi

Saif_alaqbi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
We actually got a call from the IOM too but we were told to attend a cultural orientation course in person. We went to the IOM office and when we were done, the IOM handed us Certificate of Completion (for the course) and on the same day, the IOM told us our flight date. We have to go back tomorrow to hand them some papers and also next month. After that comes the final step which is the PCR test and then the travel.
Thank you for the explanation it’s so useful
But it’s so interesting to know you have a different ways then turkey !
where are you applying from ?

Nas1820

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
You guys are so lucky! We haven’t got a single word from any office after 3 months our quarantine plan was submitted. The ecas shows in process, wondering why does it take such long in Pakistan.

Salman Q

Jan 4, 2020
Hi. Your flight date is confirmed with your consent or not? How long time does the IOM give to book the flight at any specific date? I wanted to know whether the IOM asks the refugees about the date/month on which refugee can travel.

Good day and safe travel !!

Mieemie

Sep 17, 2021
Hi. Your flight date is confirmed with your consent or not? How long time does the IOM give to book the flight at any specific date? I wanted to know whether the IOM asks the refugees about the date/month on which refugee can travel.

Good day and safe travel !!
Of course I consented to it. They didn't ask if I were but it was fine by me. They gave us 10 days and a month to prepare but we still have some things to do before travelling. Thank you for your wishes.

Salman Q

Jan 4, 2020
Ok. Thank you so much ! Can a person delay his flight for another 30 or 40 days after discussing his concern with IOM? I want to know the expiry time of Travel Document or Visa that is issued to refugees. If a person is under treatment he should be given 6 months time to travel any time when its convenient and as per doctor advise !