+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Private Sponsored Refugees After Medical Examination

Nas1820

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Hi guys, we got the quarantine plan about 2 months ago and now I checked our website, we've got our status changed to "Decision made".
It's a very good news cos I was so worried that they're only prioritizing Afghan nationals.
But it seems they're working on applications as well which is awesome.
Please tell me about ur process

Mieemie

Sep 17, 2021
Hello everyone. I want to inform you all that today my family and I have finally gotten approval and we're going to the Canadian Embassy tomorrow and later, maybe get our visas. Our application status is now "Decision Made". We still haven't gotten a call from the IOM and don't know when our flight dates will be on but I'll keep you updated. I wish you all best of luck and great news soon.

Last edited:

Nas1820

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Did u get a
Hello everyone. I want to inform you all that today my family and I have finally gotten approval and we're going to the Canadian Embassy tomorrow to get our visas. Our application status is now "Decision Made". We still haven't gotten a call from the IOM and don't know when our flight dates will be on but I'll keep you updated. I wish you all best of luck and great news soon.
Did you get approval letter by email? Will they issue you visa on single journeys document? You are super luck to get approval within a month of quarantine plan email. Most are waiting from 3 months

Mieemie

Sep 17, 2021
Did u get a

Did you get approval letter by email? Will they issue you visa on single journeys document? You are super luck to get approval within a month of quarantine plan email. Most are waiting from 3 months
We haven't gotten an approval email yet but the Embassy called in and they want to give us visas and they need our photographs to issue our visas. I don't get what you mean by "a single journey's document" but I'll keep everyone on here updated because we still don't know what will exactly happen at the Embassy.

Bsharif

May 18, 2020
Hello everyone. I want to inform you all that today my family and I have finally gotten approval and we're going to the Canadian Embassy tomorrow and later, maybe get our visas. Our application status is now "Decision Made". We still haven't gotten a call from the IOM and don't know when our flight dates will be on but I'll keep you updated. I wish you all best of luck and great news soon.
This is great news.Can you tell us the timeline of your application.When did you apply,when did you get approval and medical and how long it took.Thanks

Mieemie

Sep 17, 2021
This is great news.Can you tell us the timeline of your application.When did you apply,when did you get approval and medical and how long it took.Thanks
Application submission: August 2020
Medical Exams: July 2021
Quarantine Plan: September 2021
Decision Made: September 2021

Reactions: Bsharif

Mieemie

Sep 17, 2021
Congrats,you submitted your application a year after me but I haven't gotten my medical even
Thanks. I believe that it mainly depends on the severity/urgency of the case but I could be wrong too. I know others who have submitted after me and they are now in Canada. Each case is different and I wish you and everyone else on here will hear great news soon.

Reactions: Bsharif

Nas1820

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Thanks. I believe that it mainly depends on the severity/urgency of the case but I could be wrong too. I know others who have submitted after me and they are now in Canada. Each case is different and I wish you and everyone else on here will hear great news soon.
Brother does security check and background check come after medical?

Bsharif

May 18, 2020
Thanks