+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Private Sponsored Refugees After Medical Examination

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
I sponsored my aunt through group five july 2020 she did interview june 2023, medical November 2023, got dicision made december 2023, got visa approval email that stated she'll be here between 7 to 12 weeks. After that nothing , is that normal.
Yes that normal because the refugees waiting 4-5 months like in Uganda they took 300 refugees this month only

Reactions: Farta

madrid47

Feb 22, 2024
I applied in 2019 did 2 medical,2 biometric,2 interview now you telling me to wait another year it's been 5 years it doesn't make sense bro
OK bro I got good news for u, I didn't knw u did 2nd medical on April 2024. Anyways i did my second medical on March 2024 and i received decision made at the of April and got visa approval also. So you will probably get decision made by the end of May or early June because u did 2nd medical on late April. Anyways goodluck to u and sorry I told u to wait 1 more year

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
OK bro I got good news for u, I didn't knw u did 2nd medical on April 2024. Anyways i did my second medical on March 2024 and i received decision made at the of April and got visa approval also. So you will probably get decision made by the end of May or early June because u did 2nd medical on late April. Anyways goodluck to u and sorry I told u to wait 1 more year
No problem bro did medical 25 April not yet decision made but I call the panel physician he told me he send my medical to embassy 10 days ago then I call IOM they told they have received my medical so when is cancelling your refugee status and orientation?

madrid47

Feb 22, 2024
No problem bro did medical 25 April not yet decision made but I call the panel physician he told me he send my medical to embassy 10 days ago then I call IOM they told they have received my medical so when is cancelling your refugee status and orientation?
They will cancel your refugee statues when ecas says decision made.

Go to https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery?&lang=en

Put your information and check if your fingerprints are still there. If your fingerprints are there then you are NOT accepted. If it says EXPIRED that means you are accepted.
Keep in mind this will only work after yours is decision made.

madrid47

Feb 22, 2024
My fingerprints got expired 4 days after it said decision made. The cancelling of ur refugee status will finish once they take your reefuge card which will be around the time of orientation or u travelling to Canada. Hope this helps

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021

Go to https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery?&lang=en

Put your information and check if your fingerprints are still there. If your fingerprints are there then you are NOT accepted. If it says EXPIRED that means you are accepted.
I did and it's say valid for 10 years what do you mean expired because this my second biometric it doesn't make sense to say expire the it's valid for 10 years explain bro

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021

hi bro I think different in each procedure compare to your one because In South Africa they send a form to fill up which means it's your cancellation refugee status then you sent back to the embassy while you're doing orientation after orientation is they send flight date that how it works here

madrid47

Feb 22, 2024
hi bro I think different in each procedure compare to your one because In South Africa they send a form to fill up which means it's your cancellation refugee status then you sent back to the embassy while you're doing orientation after orientation is they send flight date that how it works here
Yes your fingerprints is valid for 10 years but once they accept u (decision made). They will remove your reefuge statues which means also your fingerprints. They will let u know your travel date on the orientation day which I'm still waiting for.

madrid47

Feb 22, 2024
I did and it's say valid for 10 years what do you mean expired because this my second biometric it doesn't make sense to say expire the it's valid for 10 years explain bro
I told you to check your fingerprints after it says DECISION MADE. My fingerprints got expired 4 days after it said decision made.