+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Private Sponsored Refugees After Medical Examination

PSAHR

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hello Guys,
After almost 3 years, we are requested to re-do our medical examination on December 21, 2022. A medical request line was also added to our ECAS. We did our medical and now the status changed to Decision made. Here is our timeline
  • Applied in April, 2018 under SAH-PSR
  • Case approved and transferred to Ankara
  • Medical and interview done in Feb, 2019
  • Re-medical done in Dec, 2022
  • Status changed to Decision made on January 09, 2023.
What else awaits us? any thoughts/suggestions are welcome?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Guys,
After almost 3 years, we are requested to re-do our medical examination on December 21, 2022. A medical request line was also added to our ECAS. We did our medical and now the status changed to Decision made. Here is our timeline
Passing the medical again is likely the last step before approval. Still could be a few months.

Reactions: PSAHR

Sparta1

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hello Guys,
Passport request if it’s valid otherwise u will be asked to submit two photos, in three weeks after this request u will get COPR n one time Travel Document, thn IOM will arrange ur tickets n SAH will receive NOTIFICATION OF ARRIVAL

PSAHR

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Passport request if it’s valid otherwise u will be asked to submit two photos, in three weeks after this request u will get COPR n one time Travel Document, thn IOM will arrange ur tickets n SAH will receive NOTIFICATION OF ARRIVAL
Thanks Sparta,
Good to know the steps ahead. Passport are good enough for another year - just waiting for passport request . Hope the request come soon ☺.

Reactions: Sparta1

PSAHR

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hello Friends,
I just have a general question:
Anyone aware weather there will be financial support from the government and if so how much per person? My SAH is willing to provide settlement support but I am just curious to know if there would be any government support during the first few months as we become self sufficient?
Thanks,
PSAHR

Omnora

Jan 31, 2023
Hello every one
What is the next step after you passed the medical examination?
How much time we have to wait for the next step and what is that next step?

First we had interview & biometric and then medical examinations. And now we are waiting for the next step.
When will we see the Decision Made or police clearances?
Can any one have experience about the steps and durations? Especially during this covid 19?
Step by step with time please
Thank you
Hi,
My husband's family is going through privately sponsored program. They habe their interview and biometrics coming up. Can you let me know what type of questions you were asked in the interview? Thanks so much in advance!

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Hello Friends,
I just have a general question:
Anyone aware weather there will be financial support from the government and if so how much per person? My SAH is willing to provide settlement support but I am just curious to know if there would be any government support during the first few months as we become self sufficient?
Thanks,
PSAHR
Hi friend General question applied in south AFRICA PSR did medical passed and biometric but no interview,did biometric last year August do you think I'll do interview or visa office will skip me my application was for 2019

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Passing the medical again is likely the last step before approval. Still could be a few months.
Hi friend General question applied in south AFRICA PSR did medical passed and biometric but no interview,did biometric last year August do you think I'll do interview or visa office will skip me my application was for 2019

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
It depends on Asylum country, for example Refugees who are hosted in an asylum country where there is no Canada Visa Office or Canada Visa Center (Vfs), are more lucky to do medical before interview because doing interview physically will ask time due to the VO agents need to move from one country to another in purpose of interviewing the sponsored refugee.

AsylumSeekers

Mar 3, 2023
Hello every one
What is the next step after you passed the medical examination?
How much time we have to wait for the next step and what is that next step?

First we had interview & biometric and then medical examinations. And now we are waiting for the next step.
When will we see the Decision Made or police clearances?
Can any one have experience about the steps and durations? Especially during this covid 19?
Step by step with time please
Thank you

I hope you're already in Canada by now. Would you mind sharing your full timeline? Please!

Amanuel 1

Dec 9, 2019
I hope you're already in Canada by now. Would you mind sharing your full timeline? Please!
Good day to you all. I would like anyone who had exprienced the same incident as mine to reply me as im deeply worried,

On my ecas it says request for medical exam has been sent, and when i went to iom for medicals they told me that we didn't find your medicals, can this happen?
did they sent the medical letter if so why didn't i receive an email and why are iom telling me that they didn't find my file?

please i quickly need your response as the medical letter is counting days.

Amanuel 1

Dec 9, 2019
Good day to you all. I would like anyone who had exprienced the same incident as mine to reply me as im deeply worried,

On my ecas it says request for medical exam has been sent, and when i went to iom for medicals they told me that we didn't find your medicals, can this happen?
did they sent the medical letter if so why didn't i receive an email and why are iom telling me that they didn't find my file?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

When was it sent? There is often a processing delay.