PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
Hi All,

Regarding OHIP
i just want to get some inputs here and appreciate if anyone can provide feedback:

Application for private insurance:
How many days you applied for coverage? Is 100 days sufficient? or 95 days ? or any days as long as it meets the three months waiting period? perharps 90+ days?

Assuming that I have applied for the health card , with the complete documents (plus residency), will the coverage start exactly 3 months after you land?

Assuming you land in Ontario by June 1 , does it automatically mean your OHIP coverage will start exactly on September 1 (assuming you have applied for health card days after landing)?

Will Service Ontario provide you a date when is your coverage expected to start assuming there you have all the requirements when you submit the application?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes exactly 3 months. May want to give yourself an extra day or two depending on your travel/transit time or based on the end of coverage from your home country. OHIP start date is based on your landing date and not the day you apply so it is actually best to apply once you have your somewhat longterm address. You should be provided with a confirmation of the number and start date because you can technically apply right before coverage starts.

Reactions: markmark1983

markmark1983

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
Yes exactly 3 months. May want to give yourself an extra day or two depending on your travel/transit time or based on the end of coverage from your home country. OHIP start date is based on your landing date and not the day you apply so it is actually best to apply once you have your somewhat longterm address. You should be provided with a confirmation of the number and start date because you can technically apply right before coverage starts.
thank you for this info, this is very helpful :)

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Where should i apply or ohip once i land for good?