+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Priorities

fred

Jun 22, 2006
PMM

I applied for a permanent resident under the skilled worker category last May,2005. They started processesing my application in July, 2005 which is almost one year now. My background is engineering and construction in the oil and gas industry. I have read that there is a shortage of manpower in this industry. Is CIC giving priority to applicants with experience in this industry?

If yes, what can I do to facilitate my application. Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fred said:
PMM

I applied for a permanent resident under the skilled worker category last May,2005. They started processesing my application in July, 2005 which is almost one year now. My background is engineering and construction in the oil and gas industry. I have read that there is a shortage of manpower in this industry. Is CIC giving priority to applicants with experience in this industry?

If yes, what can I do to facilitate my application. Thanks.
No priority, If you had an employer who had an approved AEO (Arranged Employment Opinion) from HRSDC Canada. http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/epb/lmd/fw/aehrdcassess.shtml
some offices (London, Sydney to name two) will give the applicant some priority if it submitted at the start of the application.

PMM

fred

Jun 22, 2006
Thanks a lot.

One more question: According to the statistics, the processecing time for skilled worker (federal) from asian countries, was 51 months or more. I know of two cases ( friends of mine) whose processesing time is only 24 months. I don't think they have extra qualifications other than the normal. Why is this so? Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fred said:
Thanks a lot.

One more question: According to the statistics, the processecing time for skilled worker (federal) from asian countries, was 51 months or more. I know of two cases ( friends of mine) whose processesing time is only 24 months. I don't think they have extra qualifications other than the normal. Why is this so? Thanks.
Note an office states 50% where processed in lets say 40 months, so if 1 was processed in 20 months, 2 were processed in 25 monts and 1 took 80 months so the average would be 40 months. Its a best guess by CHC.

PMM